No Wonder Our Seniors Are Confused . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that with the exception of co-payments, in a Plan G that all Part B medical expenses are subject to satisfying the $166 deductible first before being paid by the carrier.

This isn't the case?

. . . and yes, I am a nice guy - thanks

There are no copays on Plan G. The ONLY difference between them is that Plan F pays the Part B deductible and Plan G doesn't. That's why they're saying that If Plan F is $14 or more per month than Plan G, then Plan G becomes a better buy.

But - if you haven't satisfied the $166 Part B Deductible - don't any expenses incurred, that are normally covered as Part B, have to be paid out of pocket by the client, until the deductible is met?

Take an xray for example?

There are no copays on Plan G. The ONLY difference between them is that Plan F pays the Part B deductible and Plan G doesn't. That's why they're saying that If Plan F is $14 or more per month than Plan G, then Plan G becomes a better buy.

But - if you haven't satisfied the $166 Part B Deductible - don't any expenses incurred, that are normally covered as Part B, have to be paid out of pocket by the client, until the deductible is met?

Yes, but that's a deductible, not a copay. Once that deductible is met, Plan G pays 100% of Medicare approved charges just like Plan F.

If you divide the $166 Part B deductible by 12 months = $13.83 a month(I rounded it to $14)...that's what you're paying extra per month for Plan F to cover the $166. After the difference gets to be more than $14 per month, G's the better buy. If the difference is $25 per month, then you're paying $25 per month for a $14 benefit.

Dude you just don't get it

I actually understand it completely. If a client incurs any expenses related to Part B - such as xrays, office visits, outpatient care - whatever - they have to satisfy the $166 first - then it's 100%. But - the client has to absorb the $166 OOP on any Part B expense first . . .

Dude you just don't get it

I actually understand it completely. If a client incurs any expenses related to Part B - such as xrays, office visits, outpatient care - whatever - they have to satisfy the $166 first - then it's 100%. But - the client has to absorb the $166 OOP on any Part B expense first . . .

You've convinced me. Much better to pay an additional $400-600 premium to avoid paying a $166 deductible.

Would you mind doing a webinar for me to help agents understand how to upsell their prospects?

Rick

I get Plan G - will show both and let the client decide . . .

Not always that large a premium spread tho Rick . . .

This guy explains it well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmU0KdQuxbU

You've convinced me. Much better to pay an additional $400-600 premium to avoid paying a $166 deductible.

Would you mind doing a webinar for me to help agents understand how to upsell their prospects?

Rick

11/08/2016

Georgia has approved the following Insurance Agent license application: Thomas P Coleman - License #: 834144 -------- Yea Baby!

Part B Deductible going to $183 in 2017 . . . F plan looks even better deal now - especially from the explanation side . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back