Non-Res Med Supp Sales

zeo

Expert
Hi there,

I haven't posted on here for a long time. But I read a lot. I have non-res licenses in all but CT due to working in a call center environment selling Med Supp. But in an effort to break away and make some REAL money, I want to utilize them for Med Supp sales as an independent agent. What I am finding is that in order to do e-apps, the tools for the Major carriers (Humana, UHC, etc...) seem to require tablet touch or topaz signature pad signatures requiring a face to face sale. Kinda hard to do that commute. Am I missing something in their tools? And how do I sell their apps if I am correct in these limitations? Do you mail the app? I am appointed with all of them and even several Life companies (MOO, TransAmerica, Medico, UA) for their Supps, etc... Their tools seem to be geared toward non-res use as well as local. Can anyone share their advice on how to overcome these tool limitations that seem to be there?

Thanks so kindly,

Diane

Diane,
Many of the carriers have some type of e-app the client can "e-sign" on their end. Before that, it was fax/email/mail an app and have them return it.

Before you jump out on your own, make sure you can generate leads on your own. I know of several who thought they could leave, but found out generating the leads was the difficult part of the sales process.
R

Diane,
Many of the carriers have some type of e-app the client can "e-sign" on their end. Before that, it was fax/email/mail an app and have them return it.

Okay thx for that.

Before you jump out on your own, make sure you can generate leads on your own. I know of several who thought they could leave, but found out generating the leads was the difficult part of the sales process.
R

yeah, I have been reading up on the Live Transfer Leads and buying lead lists.

The major carriers aren't always the best options, and UHC is behind the times.

Chris Westfall is considered a pioneer with getting carriers to go the e-app route.

I would join and study his training site thoroughly before quitting your day job.

MedicareAgentTraining.com

The major carriers aren't always the best options, and UHC is behind the times.

Chris Westfall is considered a pioneer with getting carriers to go the e-app route.

I would join and study his training site thoroughly before quitting your day job.

MedicareAgentTraining.com

You are quite right. CSGActuarial has them listed as quite more expensive. I wouldn't offer them unless the customer absolutely insisted. Since most times they can save more than $60/mth going with MOO, TA, or Medico. Sometimes however the zombies are out there and want strictly the Brand they want. :)

Many carrier will have the eapps you are looking for like Aetna, Mutual of Omaha, new era and many more, For others you can mail or fax, For good deal on csg and training, I would suggest you check out Chris Westfall's site medicare training .com

Hi there,

I haven't posted on here for a long time. But I read a lot. I have non-res licenses in all but CT due to working in a call center environment selling Med Supp. But in an effort to break away and make some REAL money, I want to utilize them for Med Supp sales as an independent agent. What I am finding is that in order to do e-apps, the tools for the Major carriers (Humana, UHC, etc...) seem to require tablet touch or topaz signature pad signatures requiring a face to face sale. Kinda hard to do that commute. Am I missing something in their tools? And how do I sell their apps if I am correct in these limitations? Do you mail the app? I am appointed with all of them and even several Life companies (MOO, TransAmerica, Medico, UA) for their Supps, etc... Their tools seem to be geared toward non-res use as well as local. Can anyone share their advice on how to overcome these tool limitations that seem to be there?

Thanks so kindly,

Diane

Not all carriers offer e-apps. In those instances you can do a couple of things (assuming no face to face). The old standard of dropping it in the mail with a postage paid return envelope. I always complete the app when I'm mailing it and place "sign here" stickers where they need to sign. Less chance of mistakes and a better chance of getting it back (I can't recall a time I didn't get the application back when I've done it this way).

Then there's emailing it to them. Again, the application is completed and the email gives instructions on where to sign and then have them scan and email or fax the signature page back to me. This is what I will do when time is of the essence (end of the month) and they have the capability to scan or fax.

There are times when UHC is a viable option. For example, someone within three years of Medicare Part B with health conditions. Or if they can't get coverage anywhere else and can afford the Level 2 rates.

I'll also caution you on MoO. I don't know how long you've been around, but in the past they have trotted out a low cost carrier only to have the rates blow up after a few years. They then close that book of business (causing rates to go up even more) and bring out a new carrier. This latest go at this by them appears to be different. They are stricter with their underwriting and they are rewarding agents who bring more underwritten business. Here in Georgia they've had a rate decrease and two zero rate increases over three years on Plan G. That's a good sign. Usually the shoe has dropped by this point.

I'd recommend adding New Era to your list of carriers here in Georgia (Plan G). They've done a great job of keeping rate increases to a minimum.

Best of luck.

Here in Georgia they've had a rate decrease and two zero rate increases over three years on Plan G. That's a good sign. Usually the shoe has dropped by this point.

Staben_12112014.jpg

Not all carriers offer e-apps. In those instances you can do a couple of things (assuming no face to face). The old standard of dropping it in the mail with a postage paid return envelope. I always complete the app when I'm mailing it and place "sign here" stickers where they need to sign. Less chance of mistakes and a better chance of getting it back (I can't recall a time I didn't get the application back when I've done it this way).

Then there's emailing it to them. Again, the application is completed and the email gives instructions on where to sign and then have them scan and email or fax the signature page back to me. This is what I will do when time is of the essence (end of the month) and they have the capability to scan or fax.

There are times when UHC is a viable option. For example, someone within three years of Medicare Part B with health conditions. Or if they can't get coverage anywhere else and can afford the Level 2 rates.

I'll also caution you on MoO. I don't know how long you've been around, but in the past they have trotted out a low cost carrier only to have the rates blow up after a few years. They then close that book of business (causing rates to go up even more) and bring out a new carrier. This latest go at this by them appears to be different. They are stricter with their underwriting and they are rewarding agents who bring more underwritten business. Here in Georgia they've had a rate decrease and two zero rate increases over three years on Plan G. That's a good sign. Usually the shoe has dropped by this point.

I'd recommend adding New Era to your list of carriers here in Georgia (Plan G). They've done a great job of keeping rate increases to a minimum.

Best of luck.

I appreciate the info. Thank you. Is UHC Community rated everywhere? And are they also a GI app? I know for Aetna's ALIC plans for NY, they are both Community Rates and GI.

I hadn't heard of New Era. I am actually in TX now, but I do not know how to change my flag insignia on this site. :)

----------

If you are looking for Tele leads I could help you out with that.

I am actually looking for Live Transfer Teleleads. But the sites I have seen show a smallest pkg offer of some 200 leads for $7xx+ And I need a smaller pkg to start...and progress from there. Email me what you have to offer: [email protected] :)

----------

Best of luck.

Speaking of rate actions...do the carriers offer some sort of history chart to show their actions from the last say 4 years or something like that??

Back