Not Automatically Enrolled in A and B

ecotainer

Expert
Have any of you come across a situation where someone was getting benefits from Social Security (or RRB) but when they turned 65 they were not automatically enrolled in Parts A and B. I have found several documents from Medicare and Social Security that say this is automatic, but I hesitate to assume this is true every single time.

Have any of you come across a situation where someone was getting benefits from Social Security (or RRB) but when they turned 65 they were not automatically enrolled in Parts A and B. I have found several documents from Medicare and Social Security that say this is automatic, but I hesitate to assume this is true every single time.
It is automatic. You should assume that it is true every single time. When I get somebody who tells me they're getting a Social Security check but have not gotten their Medicare card (and it's within three months of their effective date), I ask them to go look at their pile of unopened mail. They find it every time except for the small few who threw it out with the other solicitations because they didn't know what it was. Those people have to request a replacement card which is easily done.

I have never seen any one entitled to A & B clean not get automatic part A
on rare occasion's I have seen a couple not get autoenrolled into part B (Not requested delay) but they did get A.

Any time some one did not get auto enrolled into A there was some type of intangible Like Wife didn't work enough quarters and the need to put on husb SS

Or has not been in country long enough or work long enough

Or worked in Detroit and were advised not to pay into SS because of lifetime retirement benefits (That they are now losing)

I have never seen any one entitled to A & B clean not get automatic part A
on rare occasion's I have seen a couple not get autoenrolled into part B (Not requested delay) but they did get A.

Any time some one did not get auto enrolled into A there was some type of intangible Like Wife didn't work enough quarters and the need to put on husb SS

Or has not been in country long enough or work long enough

Or worked in Detroit and were advised not to pay into SS because of lifetime retirement benefits (That they are now losing)

Serves the morons and mooches just right lol, people can be really gullible and stupid.

Back