OH Anthem Group Discontinues Plan G and Hi-F

I noticed in my state that plan F and Plan G are very close in price, but do you think this might be a trend?

I know Twilight likes Hi-F, I wonder if he thinks this plan is going the way of the dodo bird, or if this is just an isolated carrier specific event.

Isolated incident. I have 4-5 carriers that have somewhere between 20-40 dollars/month savings when it comes to F and G. High F is amazing in Ohio. Rates as low as 26 bucks a month.

I noticed in my state that plan F and Plan G are very close in price, but do you think this might be a trend? I know Twilight likes Hi-F, I wonder if he thinks this plan is going the way of the dodo bird, or if this is just an isolated carrier specific event.

Definitely an isolated thing. They probably didn't sell much of either plan and that's the reason. Just the fact that you said Plan F & G are close in price would be the reason they didn't sell much G.

Anthem dropped G and Hi F here as well. The F vs G differential here was about $14/month. Most of the other carriers here have $25 - $30 spreads.

They dominated the Hi F market here if you look at major carriers. United American has a lower rate but is only peddled by losers.

Until about 2 years ago their under 65 (disabled) Hi F rate was lights out. They finally wised up and tripled their rates which killed that deal.

CSG says their loss ratio is 86% which, if accurate, is higher than anyone else. Most of the others are in the 80% range

The departure of Blue from Hi F leaves Humana the runner up in many situations but the spread between Hi F with Humana and other carriers N is about $350.

Back