PDP Medicare or Carrier

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I am still having an uneasy feeling about using Medicare.gov for PDP reports. Getting some funky numbers.

I sent a report to a client last week and suggested Humana Preferred Rx based on her meds and choice of pharmacy (Publix). I also strongly suggested using mail order to save more $$

Today she emailed and said she had run her meds on the Humana site and came up with the following annual costs.

Kroger - $412
Costco - $677
Publix - $678

Medicare showed $796 at Publix and $671 via mail order.

For chuckles and grins I swapped pharmacies at Mcare.gov and the Rx cost hardly changed , and certainly nothing like the $412 above for Kroger.

Is this normal?

I feel like this is the first time I have ever run a drug plan comparison even though I have done several hundred over the last few years.

I am still having an uneasy feeling about using Medicare.gov for PDP reports. Getting some funky numbers.

I sent a report to a client last week and suggested Humana Preferred Rx based on her meds and choice of pharmacy (Publix). I also strongly suggested using mail order to save more $$

Today she emailed and said she had run her meds on the Humana site and came up with the following annual costs.

Kroger - $412
Costco - $677
Publix - $678

Medicare showed $796 at Publix and $671 via mail order.

For chuckles and grins I swapped pharmacies at Mcare.gov and the Rx cost hardly changed , and certainly nothing like the $412 above for Kroger.

Is this normal?

I feel like this is the first time I have ever run a drug plan comparison even though I have done several hundred over the last few years.

Same here, I have put off all PDP reviews until November 1st to let the dust settle.

Back