Senior Dental and Vision Plan

No, I just told him in the PM that I'm not the one that said their plan was 1st occurrence (lump sum) and never heard anymore.

It is not lump sum. It is a stated benefit plan but reads just like the lump sum plans. It states it will pay benefits upon the "first diagnosis of cance. It will continue to pay benefits for as long as that cancer is treated. But what about a second diagnosis, meaning a second cancer unrelated to the first?. 

It is not lump sum. It is a stated benefit plan but reads just like the lump sum plans. It states it will pay benefits upon the "first diagnosis of cance. It will continue to pay benefits for as long as that cancer is treated. But what about a second diagnosis, meaning a second cancer unrelated to the first?. 

That's a good question. I'd think that a different cancer should have a new 1st diagnosis benefit on a schedule of benefits policy. If Rush gets back to you about that let us know.

That's a good question. I'd think that a different cancer should have a new 1st diagnosis benefit on a schedule of benefits policy. If Rush gets back to you about that let us know.

Actual policy language: "First diagnosis means the first time in which one of the following takes place: Cancer is first diagnosed by a Pathologist ................ Cancer is is first diagnosed by clinical or non pathological diagnosis."

The front of the Policy is labeled "First Diagnosis Cancer Benefit Policy." and the lump sum rider that in most plans is labeled as a "First Diagnosis Benefit (and therefore only payable the first time cancer is diagnosed) is labeled as an "Express Pay Rider" then within the rider language is the exact same language as that used in the policy to define when benefits are paid.

I would prefer some written explanation to the fact they would pay for subsequent diagnosis of cancer if that be the case if I were going to sell the plan.

In my area they do at least. Just go to deltadentalins.com and in the top right click register today and you can get appointed. I'd put in your zip first to make sure you have one available in your area.

Their DeltaCare USA plan pays $0 commission.

I quit selling the UNL cancer becasue of the policy language. The policy sates it is a "First" Diagnosis cancer policy and the policy states in the benefits section that it will pay on the "first" diagnosis of cancer. According to that language it would not pay if you had a second diagnosis of cancer. For example the type of throat cancer I had often reappears down the road as a form of lung cancer. According to the UNL language it would not pay for treatment for the second diagnosis. Marketing says that even though that it is how it is worded, they actually do pay for the second diagnosis. Me? I tend to base my opinion on the actual policy wording not what someone 'says".

Having worked at a supplemental health company I can honestly say sometimes they pay for things the policy may seem to suggest they wouldn't. Customer retention and stuff.

Just announced this morning. CUL DVH is now approved in Florida.

That is correct, we've waited almost 2 years for Florida. Florida will be a little different in how the benefits are set up but we should be able to start accepting business in the next week or so.

That is correct, we've waited almost 2 years for Florida. Florida will be a little different in how the benefits are set up but we should be able to start accepting business in the next week or so.

Exactly what I was worried about. Had a client today where I told her that this supposed great DVH plan just got approved but with the way FL is it'll probably be ruined here.
Sounds exactly right

Back