Senior Life Insurance Company

The only lead I would pay $30 for is an old lady that has been a customer that calls and says she wants to take out insurance on her husband and pay for it. I bet that 60% persistentcy is inflated. You finally convince them to buy, your price is double that of the guy down the road from them and they are gonna drop you. Their company was strong and I know that Charlie means well, but when he accuses me of being a loser and not being able to sell, it makes me laugh because he probably could make real money selling somewhere else. My purpose in life is not to argue with strangers or belittle insurance companies or others. If my post has saved one person from going in the hole using this system, then I have prevailed. Helping my fellow brother. We have products and customers have needs. It's your system of putting those two together that lead to profit or making minimum wage when the year is recapped

Senior life's persistency ratio is 63%. That comes direct from one of Senior Life's NMO's. I'm not trying to belittle them, but that is their own figures, not mine. If the NMO got it wrong, I can't help it. I'm sure I will be rebutted on this, but either way, I know enough about them that they are not a good fit for me and my agents!

I talked to a company out of Thomasville, GA with the same m.o. a few years ago and decided it wasn't a good fit for me. The name Senior Life doesn't particularly ring a bell, but unless there is a similar company in the same town, I'm thinking it was them.

Alright, whatever you say goes. I'm definitely not here to have verbal confrontations with you or anyone else. You certianly have the right to believe what you believe. That's what makes our country so great. My point is simple. I'm not crazy...my income is very high 6 figures, my agents are averaging over 6 figures, and we're happy. All that I know is that this week alone I've written $8,745 in ALP. That's for real. One thing that I realize is that we are not the cheapest game in town and certianly not the most expensive. My opinion is this: A great way to bring any company down is to pay the highest commissions and have the lowest premiums even with even industry average persistancy. It's a fact...final expense companies are dropping like flies. So we'll stay conservative and keep doing what we do. Trust me we'll be here for many years to come. In closing, I never said that you're a loser. I wouldn't say that to anyone. So if that's how you took that then I apoligize. If you haven't been with me or our company and haven't experienced what I've experienced then you don't know what you're missing. I'd like to send you something that I think you may like. If you like shoot me an email at [email protected] Remember, I'm just an ole' country boy from NC and all I do is SALE ,TEACH and Make Money. Enjoy your day and good selling. Charlie

anyone know anything about a company called S&L Solutions
out of Georgia? I think it might stand for Senior Life. There are`so many companys with this name it's hard to tell who is who. They sent a flyer out to sell mortgage protection over the phone. Thanks for any info.

I talked to a company out of Thomasville, GA with the same m.o. a few years ago and decided it wasn't a good fit for me. The name Senior Life doesn't particularly ring a bell, but unless there is a similar company in the same town, I'm thinking it was them.

While looking for something else I just came across the information. I had spoken with Harper Marketing, who had mentioned training in Thomasville, GA for which you had to pay your own way.

I, too, have now had experience with Senior Life Insurance Company from Thomasville. They canceled my contract without warning and without cause with no explanation whatsoever. Then they sent me a bill, due in 30 days, for all of the advances they had paid me for the policies I had sold. I was with them for three weeks.

When I asked why I was terminated, I was told that many agents had been terminated, and that was it. There was no explanation. I was then told that if I produced more and ordered more leads on a weekly basis that they would reinstate my contract. I WAS PRODUCING AND WAS MAKING THEM A PROFIT ON THEIR LEADS, TOO!!

I find this absolutely crazy. Why in the world would an agent invest MORE with this one company's leads to have them arbitrarily cancel my contract again in the future without warning and for no good reason - other than they felt like it?

Recently I learned that they have, in fact, been doing this to other agents, then threatening to sue of they told anyone about it. Well, I'm not keeping quiet. I think this is juvenile behavior for any company.

I should have known better from the state when they're too small to even pay for the rating from AM BEST or anyone else. They're too cheap to even have a website! Their website (senior-insurers.com) has said, "Under Construction" for a year or more. These are things I'll know are signs of incompetence if I ever were to come across a joke of a company like this in the future.

These are the facts.. and if you do business with Senior Life / aka Ron Powell, don't say you weren't warned first.
----------------

Their company was strong and I know that Charlie means well, but when he accuses me of being a loser and not being able to sell, it makes me laugh because he probably could make real money selling somewhere else. My purpose in life is not to argue with strangers or belittle insurance companies or others. If my post has saved one person from going in the hole using this system, then I have prevailed. Helping my fellow brother. We have products and customers have needs. It's your system of putting those two together that lead to profit or making minimum wage when the year is recapped

Wow....I was considering them....I think I will take a detour elsewhere....Thanks & good luck!!

I, too, have now had experience with Senior Life Insurance Company from Thomasville. They canceled my contract without warning and without cause with no explanation whatsoever. Then they sent me a bill, due in 30 days, for all of the advances they had paid me for the policies I had sold. I was with them for three weeks.

When I asked why I was terminated, I was told that many agents had been terminated, and that was it. There was no explanation. I was then told that if I produced more and ordered more leads on a weekly basis that they would reinstate my contract. I WAS PRODUCING AND WAS MAKING THEM A PROFIT ON THEIR LEADS, TOO!!

I find this absolutely crazy. Why in the world would an agent invest MORE with this one company's leads to have them arbitrarily cancel my contract again in the future without warning and for no good reason - other than they felt like it?

Recently I learned that they have, in fact, been doing this to other agents, then threatening to sue of they told anyone about it. Well, I'm not keeping quiet. I think this is juvenile behavior for any company.

I should have known better from the state when they're too small to even pay for the rating from AM BEST or anyone else. They're too cheap to even have a website! Their website (senior-insurers.com) has said, "Under Construction" for a year or more. These are things I'll know are signs of incompetence if I ever were to come across a joke of a company like this in the future.

These are the facts.. and if you do business with Senior Life / aka Ron Powell, don't say you weren't warned first.
----------------

No, nothing was left out - that was the point.
Even IF a company terminates your contract for lack of production - have you ever heard of them demanding all advanced commissions back within 30 days and a termination letter mentioning nothing about the reason for termination? I certainly had not heard of such a thing until having dealt with Senior Life Insurance Company.

After trying to get an answer out of them over and over - and then remembering that I had been told they didn't want to fork over the money to be examined by A.M. Best, it made me wonder if they are doing these things (demanding advances back) because they are struggling financially. That's probably the simple solution. Since they're a family-owned, private corporation with no oversight except in Atlanta, we may not know until it's too late. There are NO ratings agencies that have examined them.:no:

I believe if you were producing they would not get rid of you. Did you leave something out?

Hello, does anyone know anything about a company by the name of Senior Life Insurance Company out of Thomasville, Georiga. Anyone work for them?
Oh yea are you looking into it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I myself have worked with them for about 6mths are so, They treated me with respect at first. But as I stayed there my business started dropping off and I was wondering why....My manager at the time would never give me a reason but I found out pretty quick the rates were two times higher than the next guy. So I tooked another shot with another Co. and doubled my pay in a week so I said so long to the Powells..I was not going to pay $30 a lead thats just stealing in my books..

Last edited:
Back