Suggestions for Newsletter?

I'm also considering starting a quarterly newsletter. I have never mentioned it to any clients, is this something I should just start emailing to them, or is there some kind of etiquette where I should ask them first if its ok to put them on the email list for it?

Does anyone do a email newsletter? Thinking of starting one since Im getting a lot of email addresses now & I have a FB page.

How many times a yr to do it....Im thinking 3-6?

Where do u start?

Is there a company, like constant contact (never used them), that can help with this?

I do it all myself---write it up, email one, then forward, forward forward

Takes up a few Sat AM hours but I get lots of feedback on it. I KNOW they are reading it

bump

wondering y'alls thoughts on just starting a newsletter. Do y'all just start emailing them out? Or do you get permission first from your clients?
I have never mentioned newsletters to any of my clients, but over the past few years have developed a email list, and am thinking about starting a newsletter.

You could do an article on a few of the things Medicare DOES NOT cover, mainly talk about the refraction eye exam, what it is and why Medicare doesn't cover it, and also prescription medication administered orally in an outpatient setting( such as an emergency room ) . Usually if I have a client that calls about a bill they're getting- if the bill truly is their responsibility and they've met their deductible, it's going to be one of these two situations. It's a pertinent topic. The refraction exam typically means the client gets a bill for $35.00, the outpatient RX can vary. I had a client who was given some puffs on an oral inhaler at the ER and her bill for that was over $200.

Tommy

Been sending periodic email updates to clients; many dont have email. (Hell MANY dont have cell phone!) Next step-create newsletter--email the ones I can and mail the rest

SUGGESTIONS for topics for Seniors? So far, I have:

* Recent Congressional changes to Medicare
- Increase in part B premium
- High income premium increase
- Diabetes Prevention Program now Medicare reimbursed

* Diabetes Prevention plan in this City
- what does it consist of?
- where can I find the classes
- how much? and
- how much does Medicare cover?

* Does Alex Trebek REALLY give you a "Rate Lock?" --Explain whole vs. term, "Acceptance Guaranteed"--explain Preferred, Standard, Graded, Guaranteed--point out the wording games.

* Ways to improve your health and spend less:
- Silver Sneakers
- VA Rx--and can drop Part D
- Patient Assistance for Rx costs
- Change from Plan F to N

Any suggestions? No suggestions that are not anatomically painful please!

Would it be compliant to include these topics on a Facebook page targeting the Medicare population?

There was free e book on here from one of the SMSs. Talking about Medicare or something like that but it had quite a few client friendly articles that I use in my monthly newsletter.

I have now done my research on the above links, and was set to start a newsletter for $45/mo.....then I realized since I didnt collect emails when I 1st started, I only have 60 total.

So my question to u Bob (and anyone else who has an opinion on this), is do u think the cost is worth it, with so few emails? Should I wait til I have 100-200 email addresses? Thx

Back