Uhc Consumer Page Mapd Screenshare

How would it not be in compliance if you are not physically with the client? And the client is filling out the application on their own on the consumer website??...just seems like your following the rules as per their website...

How would it not be in compliance if you are not physically with the client? And the client is filling out the application on their own on the consumer website??...just seems like your following the rules as per their website...

Do whatever you want, I don't care, but using a screenshare as you describe is out of compliance for UHC-they don't even want you in the room while the consumer fills out the application, how would they tolerate using a screen share where you are watching them fill it out?

I don't even know why I am doing this but here is the EXACT language from the UHC Producer Guide for External Agents, do you get it now?

UnitedHealthcare Public Website
A web-based enrollment is a consumer initiated and effectuated electronic enrollment method utilizing the internet. UnitedHealthcare’s public websites and enrollment tools are for consumer use only and are not electronic methods for agent use. A web-based enrollment can only be conducted via the plan’s
Website www.UHCMedicareSolutions.com

Agents are prohibited from completing the web enrollment on behalf of the consumer or at the consumer’s request.
However, an agent may be on the telephone in order to assist the consumer with a web enrollment.

Agents must not be physically present with the consumer when a consumer is completing a web-based enrollment and must not engage in any screen sharing with the consumer through an internet connection (e.g., the consumer gives the agent control of the consumer’s computer to complete a web enrollment via WebEx) unless agreed to by the Vice President of Sales Oversight and the
Compliance Officer.

Completing a web enrollment through the web-based enrollment tool on behalf of a consumer may be considered fraud.

Last edited:
Whats the difrence. UHC is requiring Scope for phone sales anyway. Why send out scope for sig then do Website sign, its more work might as well send app when you send scope

Back