Warning!! GAFRI May Be Stealing Your Med Supp Clients!

sorry. I forgot to put that I am contracting with other carriers. Right now for most of Med Sups and FE without out a release I cant write the companies who seem to be cheapest because I have those contracts through ASB and cant recontract with out a release or a 6 month period of writing no business through them. If Im incorrect please give me some insight on this. Was actually thinking of giving Frank a call as I dont have enough posts for PM

Have started a new campaign against these bastards.
There are about 30 agents that work together in our state.
Everytime we run into them we are filing complaints with DOI.
The agent , the agency (if it's ASB or GASB) and the company.
It's usually not to hard to find a legit reason.

Eventually DOI will start noticing a pattern and start popping them like they did Conseco (or whoever they changed their name to this year).

TRK,
I appreciate your feedback. A little egg on the face... I did not realize you were a marketer also. I will be giving you a call. Would I just use the main number at the bottom ?

First off, new to this forum, second what I am about to share is true and happening on a daily basis. I was a former employee of this outfit, and I will tell you in no way shape or form am I disgruntled or sharing this out of spite. I am doing this to hopefully share some insight for brokers around the US that are appointed with any of the family of companies. This is in no way intended to defame or cause slander to the folks behind this. It's all truth so take what you want from this, and just beware.

It's not an outside outfit, it's an internal department within the company that will call any and all of your clients that you have moved to other carriers because of huge rate hikes. The company will not allow and conversions to reduce premium, nor even going from a plan F to a plan N on the same company(Loyal) to keep the business with GAFRI. So the agent is forced to look for other options outside the GA group of companies, and if u move enough of them, you will get a nice little letter in the mail threatening to take you to court for rolling business. Ifyou move a few here and there, it doesn't matter will get their in-house team to call YOUR clients, which GA claims are now theirs and

will introduce themselves as
the previous company the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>used to have and state >>>>>>>>>>>> want to WIN their business back. All along the client thinks they are getting UTA or whoever that had before, and never is it displayed that the actually are getting a new CGI block, that is only offered to in-house agents who are employees of GAFRI. At times the senior will ask well why can you get this price so low, why has my agent not informed me about this. And their answer has been" well mr. Client we can get you this price because the agent makes big commissions of your policy. Which is so wrong to defame the writing agent that helped this company, or any insurance company for that matter. So beware, they will call any and all clients, because the see it as, more control over the business longterm, and also higher profit margins. If you sold life when they still had a product, cancer, best believe they will target those clients to. If you have the chance and your DOI will allow, look up CGI, it's 30% lower than most companies on the market because the claim is no agent commissions lower rates which makes sense naturally. So, as it stands, you can move all the business to GA, but contractually don't you dare think about moving it out from GA, and no there are no options for your clients to be given any internal options to lower premium. But don't worry they would rather loss the business and win it back and cut the writing agent out completely. And your client you work with for years is now GAs.

On another note, I have had agents write an app, it gets decline due to med, height weight, question on app, a month later, that declined app w Loyal now is a CGI customer, due their express UW-like 4 question, height weight not an issue. This has been confirmed w a couple of New Business employees.

So all of this has been going on over a year, it is a disgrace and completely unethical in my book and many agents. Agents build an insurance agency, and somehow they want you to shake their hand, as they spit in your face, and steal your clients that you work so hard for.

Keep writing business with them and they will smile all the way to the bank, because you are giving them free leads later down the road. So in reading that a group of 30 agents are filing complaints is a great thing, maybe 30 will be a 100, and a 100 will become a thousand. Yes they got deep pockets, big time lawyers, and I am sure they have protected themselves legally to continue to do what they are doing. Getting in a pissing war or legal war, will not be won, but bleed them out , stop writing business with them, share with the broker community the truth behind GA, and most off stop giving them your clients so they can use them as leads later on down the road!

I am sure there are FMOS that are protected and are in bed w GA, that will read my post, but again I wanted to only share the truth of what is going on and let you all know protect your business and your credibility. Anybody wants to talk to me more about it PM me. And no I resigned because of this ongoing nonsense and how they are stepping on the brokers that brought them success! What a shame for a company and the direction it's continuing to choose.

Yes, decided to leave because I was tired of the smoking mirrors, and most of all tired of the cutthroat tatics and behind close doors BS. In this industry reputation is everything and obviously those running the show over there don't really care about theirs. It's a shame, it truly is. I enjoyed working with brokers and the business in general, but I could not stomach agents actively writing business for us, while my own company is targeting their clients. So I decided to walk away, because life is too short to work for crooks. I wish you all the best and hope that your business flourishes outside of that family of companies.

Yes, decided to leave because I was tired of the smoking mirrors, and most of all tired of the cutthroat tatics and behind close doors BS. In this industry reputation is everything and obviously those running the show over there don't really care about theirs. It's a shame, it truly is. I enjoyed working with brokers and the business in general, but I could not stomach agents actively writing business for us, while my own company is targeting their clients. So I decided to walk away, because life is too short to work for crooks. I wish you all the best and hope that your business flourishes outside of that family of companies.

Wow that's a shocker. This is Mike Bolinger. I haven't talked to you in a few weeks but you were great to work with. What are you doing now?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh and by the way, thanks for bringing this all to light for us. I will no longer be using them from this point on...

Last edited:
Back