Yellow Pages Advertising

schealthagent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Are there any regulations that would prevent a licensed agent from saying that they provide medicare supplements in their yellow pages ad. Not making any other claims etc. Thank you.

Yup, it's an advertisement and mentions Medicare... Read your regs. However, most states look the other way. I'd file it!

Advertising in the Yellow Pages may not be profitable, by the way. I did it a couple of years ago and got a horrible ROI.

With the Internet in everyone's home today, the public doesn't the use Yellow Pages as much now. Med Supp may be different from individual health to some degree, but a lot of seniors are online today. My guess is that many of them that aren't online probably ask their daughters and sons to find an agent online.

I'd dip a toe in unless I got a strong recommendation from an agent I trusted who had a good experience with the Yellow Pages.

True, but asked Med Supp, not advantage. Med Supp pro what are you talking about?

I know most of us are on the net but many seniors are not. Nothing wrong with a small ad. I used to do it with dental until the company I sold for changed the rules to no more yellow page ads. Always got calls.

Advertising in the Yellow Pages may not be profitable, by the way. I did it a couple of years ago and got a horrible ROI.

With the Internet in everyone's home today, the public doesn't the use Yellow Pages as much now. Med Supp may be different from individual health to some degree, but a lot of seniors are online today. My guess is that many of them that aren't online probably ask their daughters and sons to find an agent online.

I'd dip a toe in unless I got a strong recommendation from an agent I trusted who had a good experience with the Yellow Pages.

Med Supp pro what are you talking about?

dadan ==> I'm not sure what your question is. I'm talking compliance at the state level. All Med Supp advertisements need to be filed and or approved with you state insurance department. Yellow pages mentioning MedSupp would be an advertisement. I've been there and done it.

Personally, I will never place my advertising buck$ into a yellow pages advertisement. It's old school!:D

Although I have never tried a Yellow Pages ad, the agents I have know who went that route really didn't feel that the production they received justified the cost of the ad.

Running a small add in small town, local papers has worked very well for me.

If you are marketing in a large metro area then that may now be very cost effective for you. It works best in small town, local papers. The cost is a lot less and more people are inclined to respond in my experience.

Back