Heard a Rumor of the Carriers in Tennessee

I have been speaking with Jeff at the co op super nice guy. I don't have the contact info with me. Google it and their web page pops up. That is how I found their information.
Have to speak with Jeff. Do a little interview. Then you get sent an information sheet. They want to know about your business. Then a few days later they send you contracting. I think they will get a fair amount of business from me. I believe they will have the same on network hospitals as Cigna. Co op not in Knox as that is Bcbs home base I am not sure that Cigna came to play.

Let me update my last post. I was at church and someone was talking about Knoxville... I meant to say the co op will not be in chattannoga because that is bcbs home. duh......

I believe the co - op may see some good opportunities. Network will be key, as will location(where you are selling) and of course price. Let's be honest if it comes down to a dollar or two and your choice is BCBS or a unknown most people will pick the "brand" name.

You as an agent will be key. Some folks won't like the fact that the co-op is run by the state so to speak.. But others will love that it is a non profit. some folks hate bcbs because they raised rates on them 15 years ago when they worked. Others will jump at the chance to go to BCBS. Cigna - I know their networks will be different on and off exchange, so we will have to see. Humana, from what I have seen will be strong in the Nashville Metro area. I know they want to get in Nashville strong and kick some Healthspring bu___ on the MAPD side.

This year across the board will really be one to write about in the history books. You still have large group, Shop, fully underwritten (with some companies) until Dec 28th while ACA is enrollingboth on and off exchange.
Trust me NO ONE can understand this from a layman's viewpoint. Focus on them and their situation and we all should have a very very very good year.

PS: Are any of you doing Shop or group???

Last edited:
I'm involved in a hospital venture that will take the majority of my time, but will also be selling MA and HIE, but mainly to family/friends/referrals.

Let me update my last post. I was at church and someone was talking about Knoxville... I meant to say the co op will not be in chattannoga because that is bcbs home. duh......

I believe the co - op may see some good opportunities. Network will be key, as will location(where you are selling) and of course price. Let's be honest if it comes down to a dollar or two and your choice is BCBS or a unknown most people will pick the "brand" name.

You as an agent will be key. Some folks won't like the fact that the co-op is run by the state so to speak.. But others will love that it is a non profit. some folks hate bcbs because they raised rates on them 15 years ago when they worked. Others will jump at the chance to go to BCBS. Cigna - I know their networks will be different on and off exchange, so we will have to see. Humana, from what I have seen will be strong in the Nashville Metro area. I know they want to get in Nashville strong and kick some Healthspring bu___ on the MAPD side.

This year across the board will really be one to write about in the history books. You still have large group, Shop, fully underwritten (with some companies) until Dec 28th while ACA is enrollingboth on and off exchange.
Trust me NO ONE can understand this from a layman's viewpoint. Focus on them and their situation and we all should have a very very very good year.

PS: Are any of you doing Shop or group???
The Co-op is having start up issues. They aren't even offering training for the agents until the end of October. Most of the management at the co-op are ex BC folks. Their commission structure is better than BC and the Knoxville network is excellent. But I just enrolled myself and some family members with BC, the co-op rates won't be competitive this year IMO. Humana commission structure is 8%.

I need help quoting individuals ON exchange in Tennessee.

I am a non-resident agency that primarily sells in Kentucky. Starting to get more prospects in Tenn. Spent all of my time in Kentucky this first open-enrollment.

Any tips for this novice?

To simply quote rates and benefits you can use the Marketplace itself:

healthcare.gov/find-premium-estimates

Some of the web services like Norvax and HealthSherpa have a direct enrollment system.

I need help quoting individuals ON exchange in Tennessee.

I am a non-resident agency that primarily sells in Kentucky. Starting to get more prospects in Tenn. Spent all of my time in Kentucky this first open-enrollment.

Any tips for this novice?

Between these web broker agencies like Norvax and Healthsherpa wanting to take any/all profit you could hope to make on your enrollments, stick with the Healthcare.gov website or call center. For accurate ON exchange rates, you'll have to get a subsidy determination anyway.

imho

Browsing through carriers we have some new players this year in Chattanooga/Cleveland. Does anyone have any experience with CHA? I'm already setup with BC and Cigna. Healthcare is a very limited part of our agency but I figure the more options I have the better.

Back