All State Medicare Supplement

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
Looks like they have been in TN and GA for about 5 years? does that sound accurate? On quote engine they list 59 years but I know that isn't the case.

I would be curious to know how All State has been to work with.

I don't use them (Allstate) . . . never have, never will. I think their 59 years in the Medicare business was with another carrier (North something) they acquired.

According to CSG they have 35k lives nationally & $55m in premium with a 94% LR . . . 2k lives in GA, $2M premium with 86% LR.

Not something I would hang my hat on.

Looks like they have been in TN and GA for about 5 years? does that sound accurate? On quote engine they list 59 years but I know that isn't the case.

I would be curious to know how All State has been to work with.

Probably under the National General name. We were writing under Nat Gen until about August/September last year and it switched to Allstate.

I don't use them (Allstate) . . . never have, never will. I think their 59 years in the Medicare business was with another carrier (North something) they acquired.

According to CSG they have 35k lives nationally & $55m in premium with a 94% LR . . . 2k lives in GA, $2M premium with 86% LR.

Not something I would hang my hat on.
Makes sense

Yeah, they acquired Nat Gen. Pretty competitive rates, with some creative discounts, including a fitness watch. Also they give a lower rate if you dont have a depression medication. I havent seen that before. Quoting them on CSG can be a bit confusing, as they appear so many times, bc of the various discounts.

Some places, like KS DOI quoter, they appear as National Health. Commission deposits come from "NGIS-NHIC"

Wrote one today.

I have 9 on the books with them so far (10 as of 6/1). First one I wrote was July 2022. So far, so good. I believe we've averaged 0% increase since 2022. Small sample size...small time frame...

Their e-app is excellent.

The 5 yrs was probably NatGen.

They may "go to the graveyard" one day - but which carrier won't? I still put most with UHC.

Quoting them on CSG can be a bit confusing, as they appear so many times, bc of the various discounts.
I got frustrated w/ how it was laying out in CSG, then found a button to click in CSG - Rating Class Definitions

It breaks it down - it's helpful.

I have written around 10 people with Allstate in the past year due to their rates being good in my area. I like that it generates an ID card for them upon approval and the app is pretty good. They approve or deny pretty quickly for underwriting. I have been happy so far with them.

Ghosts from the past . . .

Allstate Health Solutions is part of the Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL), which is one of the largest publicly held personal lines insurers in the United States. As part of the Allstate Corporation, Allstate Health Solutions is focused on providing supplemental and short-term coverage options to individuals and associations. Allstate Health Solutions is the marketing name for products underwritten by National Health Insurance Company, Integon National Insurance Company, Integon Indemnity Corporation and American Heritage Life Insurance Company.

National Health Insurance Company, Integon National Insurance Company, Integon Indemnity Corporation and American Heritage Life Insurance Company. These four companies, together, are authorized to provide health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Each underwriting company is responsible for its respective products.

"We shall hang together or we shall hang separately"

I had no idea Integon and American Heritage were still around. To my knowledge, neither of those carriers were ever in the Medicare market.

It looks like Nat Gen is a marketer for several MA and PDP carriers.

Medicare Advantage and Part D plans and benefits offered by the following carriers: Aetna Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem Blue Cross, Aspire Health Plan, Cigna Healthcare, Dean Health Plan, Devoted Health, Florida Blue Medicare, GlobalHealth, Health Care Service Corporation, Healthy Blue, Humana, Molina Healthcare, Mutual of Omaha, Premera Blue Cross, Medica Central Health Plan, SCAN Health Plan, Scott and White Health Plan now part of Baylor Scott & White Health, Simply, UnitedHealthcare®, Wellcare, WellPoint

I must be missing something, since I don't see how CSG claims Allstate (Nat Gen) has been in the Medicare market for 59 years.

It also seems like they are more of a BGA than anything.

AllstateHealth.com is partnered with HealthCompare Insurance Services does not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent 18 organizations, which offers 52,101 products in your area.

It does not appear that Nat Gen or Allstate are on the hook for much when it comes to Medigap. Who is reinsuring this block? What is their quota share?

I am pretty sure Allstate Health entered the Georgia market in 2023.

I am pretty sure Allstate Health entered the Georgia market in 2023.
Sounds about right.

As for CSG, I'm pretty sure they like to use the length of time the parent company has been around since it's usually longer.

Latest posts

Back