Doing Apps On CSG

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Wanted to know if most agents are doing apps right on CSG or direct to carrier

You know I had not even really thought about doing the app right on CSG for med supp till just recently
But now after playing with it, I am starting to think might not be the best way to do it

I noticed when I change things like with all state adding or taking off discounts it does not adjust rates

Seems like there could be a lot of issues with some carriers
Also wonder if it shows right away pending in portals

Others like Mutual might be good because they are pretty accurate with CSG all the time

I never have, nor never will use a 3rd party application. I suppose using CSG or other 3rd party is fine, but not for me.

I am also reluctant to enter PHI or other sensitive information anywhere other than the carrier via a secure connection.

YMMV

I think there was a carrier that defaulted there (Lumico when they 1st started?) and I thought it was clunky

Allstate's is pretty nice and seamless.

I use carrier eapps for med supp. Sunfire for MAs and PDPs. If sunfired did medigap I'd probably use them

Wanted to know if most agents are doing apps right on CSG or direct to carrier

You know I had not even really thought about doing the app right on CSG for med supp till just recently
But now after playing with it, I am starting to think might not be the best way to do it

I noticed when I change things like with all state adding or taking off discounts it does not adjust rates

Seems like there could be a lot of issues with some carriers
Also wonder if it shows right away pending in portals

Others like Mutual might be good because they are pretty accurate with CSG all the time
On Toolkit they have an eapp button that takes you to each carrier.

Last edited:
This is what I suspected

I thought at first I was just behind the times
But when I went to use it really was not good

Back