Final Expense Direct

What is the story now with "telesales only". Since covid??? Full disclosure I like face to face. I don't hate telesales but it is not for me.

Having said that: I cannot believe how many final expense IMO's have gone "telesales only". I called one lately, from an internet ad, recruiting, and the ad really kind of hid the fact that they were virtual only, and really acted like they better not say it , or else nobody would want to do it. I figured maybe there was a choice to do face to face if so desired. Nope.

When I finally called the lady back trying to recruit me, she really kind of hammered me for not wanting to do virtual or telesales. Like I was some kind of dinosaur who was making fun of technology. Well, I am, but that's beside the point. However , I would think this gen Z or whatever they are called now, the young hipsters, would be all over the virtual sales world. Maybe the future is there in telesales?

All I know is the people will buy over the phone.

The downside is the contract levels are low (40%-60%) for "free" leads, placement is an issue (70% is considered excellent), and the carriers can be overpriced.

Curious if buying telesales leads would be worth it considering placement/persistency.

What is the story now with "telesales only". Since covid??? Full disclosure I like face to face. I don't hate telesales but it is not for me.

Having said that: I cannot believe how many final expense IMO's have gone "telesales only". I called one lately, from an internet ad, recruiting, and the ad really kind of hid the fact that they were virtual only, and really acted like they better not say it , or else nobody would want to do it. I figured maybe there was a choice to do face to face if so desired. Nope.

When I finally called the lady back trying to recruit me, she really kind of hammered me for not wanting to do virtual or telesales. Like I was some kind of dinosaur who was making fun of technology. Well, I am, but that's beside the point. However , I would think this gen Z or whatever they are called now, the young hipsters, would be all over the virtual sales world. Maybe the future is there in telesales?
IMO's probably think (whether its true or not) that they can scale it quicker if they grow. If you have a bunch of agents and are killing it with the 5-8 states you are targeting, you dont need to recruit all new agents in another 5-7 states, just have your current agents add a few more licenses and keep chugging.

With the situation you are describing, I would avoid any IMO that hides something super basic like that. If they are basically trying to get you all on exited/on board with the opportunity and then 'spring' the fact that its telesales near the end, is a big red flag.

The same goes with IMOs that are not 100% transparent on release policies and commission rates. It seems like whenever agents ask those questions early on in the process at the sketchy IMO's, they are suddenly not a great fit. Because they know you are educated and will call them out on their BS.

The IMOs that are decent at telesales, have no reason to hide the fact that they are telesales.

IMO's probably think (whether its true or not) that they can scale it quicker if they grow. If you have a bunch of agents and are killing it with the 5-8 states you are targeting, you dont need to recruit all new agents in another 5-7 states, just have your current agents add a few more licenses and keep chugging.

With the situation you are describing, I would avoid any IMO that hides something super basic like that. If they are basically trying to get you all on exited/on board with the opportunity and then 'spring' the fact that its telesales near the end, is a big red flag.

The same goes with IMOs that are not 100% transparent on release policies and commission rates. It seems like whenever agents ask those questions early on in the process at the sketchy IMO's, they are suddenly not a great fit. Because they know you are educated and will call them out on their BS.

The IMOs that are decent at telesales, have no reason to hide the fact that they are telesales.
I got my first insurance license in 1986. In two years- I cannot believe it will be 40 years!!! I am old, educated, and a dinosaur. I have seen it all by now. Recruiting is a game in and of itself. also, selling leads is a game as well.

I got my first insurance license in 1986. In two years- I cannot believe it will be 40 years!!! I am old, educated, and a dinosaur. I have seen it all by now. Recruiting is a game in and of itself. also, selling leads is a game as well.
Exactly. If its recruiting-centric, its not ideal for the individual agent. If the numbers they are bragging about on every ad or recruiting post are LITERALLY unattainable for a standalone agent, thats not a great sign. It kind of forces the agent into a recruiting mindset.

Exactly. If its recruiting-centric, its not ideal for the individual agent. If the numbers they are bragging about on every ad or recruiting post are LITERALLY unattainable for a standalone agent, thats not a great sign. It kind of forces the agent into a recruiting mindset.
The pimps are making bank. That's why they get so upset about what I say.

I think telesales vs. field sales is something that you have to think about how you like to work. Generally the agents that enjoy in home sales would be tortured by having to sell by phone. Most of them consider the phone work they do when calling leads to set appointments as the worst task of their week.
But the guys who thrive at phone sales think driving out to people’s homes and dealing with vicious dogs and crazy family members and even just the windshield time wasted would be torturous.

I’m of the belief that a guy that is gonna find a way to be successful selling insurance could do it either way. he just has to find the way that he enjoys better. Or if you want to put it the other way, the way that sucks less. 😆

Back