Guidance for New Life Agents

WOW!!! Simon Sinek dropped some MAJOR #TRUTHBOMBS in this one!
It always amazes me how someone BRAND NEW to our industry wants 120% contracts (money focused) before they even know HOW to do the job?

Simon says (there's the phrase) that his goal was to look for a mentor and earn less... so he can move forward and accelerate his career quicker.

If all you're focused on is money... don't bother in our industry. You won't last.

Today, I have multiple mentors and coaches that I learn from in various categories and subjects in our business.

I don't think Charlie would mind that I share his unlisted video here on his opinions on designations.

Here is my response:

Completely agree 1000%! However, I will add that I'm going through CLU courses now... and so far, I haven't learned much of ANYTHING on how to help the client better because of this education. I've learned more from you and other sales trainers in our industry on the benefits of our wealth contracts than I am with my CLU studies! (I'm in life insurance law now - dry stuff as you know - but I hope that my final course of planning for business owners & executives actually has some client benefits being discussed.)

At least, with the ChFC that I got 12 years ago, I was going through a lot of the laws, rules, and regulations that affect clients and how they make their planning choices and optimizing their situation. At least I'll have the CLU textbooks and ongoing reference information (such as it is) going forward from the College.

For my RFC, it has a lot to do with ethics and continuing education than almost everything else out there. I want to "upgrade" it to MRFC by June by taking a comprehensive exam and pursue a future designation the IARFC will put out called RBC (Registered Business Consultant).

So I have some plans there. :)

Btw, I do believe there is SOME peace of mind and authority by having designations, even if we never bring it up. Just a silent endorsement that you know what you're talking about.

Just did this YouTube LIVE about my "love/hate" relationship with Primerica & Dave Ramsey. Hopefully, I never have to answer that question ever again. :)

And THIS is why I don't like the "Project 200":

162447703_10158208398041553_3258328618486148969_n.jpg

For insurance agents and advisors: If you've NEVER had a chance to hear Tom Love give his presentation, you can watch it here FOR THE FIRST TIME on my YouTube channel!

We also have an upcoming boot camp in a couple of weeks were we will go over ALL of these things IN DETAIL to help you use these contacts for your client's benefit!

Last edited:
Back