How to hire a great assistant

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Ok I am in need now, I wanted to know how others been successful hiring a great assistant

I need someone who can call Ins carriers do CS, check Apps, Upkeep in CRM, deal with things like setting and maintaining Post card mailings, oversee email campaigns and Newsletter
Answer Phones ,Schedule with Clients

Is it possible to hire some one Part time, Maybe 25 a week, to start, and still get someone competent?
What about pay these days is $20 a good hourly or is more required now?

What do I call a position like this a Personal Assistant?

Where do I advertise? I haven't delt with getting a job since newspapers were a thing

We've hired 20 people in the past few years and friends/family referrals have been best. We've also had luck with posting on Facebook community pages, and indeed.

I'd suggest hiring for a good personality and someone that has a track record at a stable job. That's harder to find and you can teach the insurance

We've hired 20 people in the past few years and friends/family referrals have been best. We've also had luck with posting on Facebook community pages, and indeed.

I'd suggest hiring for a good personality and someone that has a track record at a stable job. That's harder to find and you can teach the insurance

What would you say is a good Pay to keep a good assistant, Is $20 an hour acceptable, or will more be required? $25 and hour

Or would it be better to start lower and say if it works out we will bump it up?

What would you say is a good Pay to keep a good assistant, Is $20 an hour acceptable, or will more be required? $25 and hour

Or would it be better to start lower and say if it works out we will bump it up?

Glen Shelton with lead hero’s has a whole division for virtual assistants based out of the Philippines . He trains them . It’s about $12 an hr I believe . American based and competent at least $20 an hr .I’m at that pt now . But it’s so tough to relinquish control . To trust someone to do everything so you can sell all the time .

Glen Shelton with lead hero’s has a whole division for virtual assistants based out of the Philippines . He trains them . It’s about $12 an hr I believe . American based and competent at least $20 an hr .I’m at that pt now . But it’s so tough to relinquish control . To trust someone to do everything so you can sell all the time .

My Wife had done a lot of stuff but more and more she has more responsibilities outside the buis with My youngest being autistic among other things

I just spent the entire morning today on the phone with Ins companies, one because woman wanted to change from Direct bill to checking and when she called they told her she is NOT even in the system

So since I did not have my wife today I had to do 3 way to do this , But I missed calls, I wanted to reach out to prospect I expected to reach at 9 am

I spend to much time trying to learn how to manage Bday card and other card systems how to and all that

I need to get my buis automated on every level

I just went though a move a hierarchy change, and a rebranding, a focus change to a more local marketing

its too much I need help

The Virtual assistant is tougher because you have to really train them remotely and its another thing to over see

Mostly I need to get organized first

And get someone who can over see these things 2

then I can add virtual to supplement

My Wife had done a lot of stuff but more and more she has more responsibilities outside the buis with My youngest being autistic among other things

I just spent the entire morning today on the phone with Ins companies, one because woman wanted to change from Direct bill to checking and when she called they told her she is NOT even in the system

So since I did not have my wife today I had to do 3 way to do this , But I missed calls, I wanted to reach out to prospect I expected to reach at 9 am

I spend to much time trying to learn how to manage Bday card and other card systems how to and all that

I need to get my buis automated on every level

I just went though a move a hierarchy change, and a rebranding, a focus change to a more local marketing

its too much I need help

I know the feeling.But i truely believe my lower income clients want to talk to me . It’s very needed to gain loyalty and persistency . As far as Birthday and Christmas cards . I found a Medicaid clients girlfriend who sits at home all day. She has great handwriting as i do all handwritten cards. Since i put no name on the card Vic, . I’ve given her 3000 each Xmas and birthday cards to fill out . So he seals the envelopes with a business card inside and stamps my return address and puts a happy birthday or merry Xmas sticker on the front . So every month i print out the months birthday labels off my CRM . I lay out 80-100 birthday cards on a huge counter . I put the labels and stamp on each one. Takes 10 mins . I mail a batch 2 times a month (2-3 weeks before birthday). The whole monthly process takes 10 mins . I pay the girl around $12 an hr to do all the cards. So for 3000 birthday and 3000 Xmas cards I’ll spend $1000 dollars to her .The handwritten is huge,huge,huge . The fake handwritten you can tell the difference . If you use CO’s like Thanks.io to automate your cards your looking at $3.50 a card . My total is less than $1 a card including postage . I bought 15k forever stamps over 2 yrs ago when they were around 50 cent

I know the feeling.But i truely believe my lower income clients want to talk to me . It’s very needed to gain loyalty and persistency . As far as Birthday and Christmas cards . I found a Medicaid clients girlfriend who sits at home all day. She has great handwriting as i do all handwritten cards. Since i put no name on the card Vic, . I’ve given her 3000 each Xmas and birthday cards to fill out . So he seals the envelopes with a business card inside and stamps my return address and puts a happy birthday or merry Xmas sticker on the front . So every month i print out the months birthday labels off my CRM . I lay out 80-100 birthday cards on a huge counter . I put the labels and stamp on each one. Takes 10 mins . I mail a batch 2 times a month (2-3 weeks before birthday). The whole monthly process takes 10 mins . I pay the girl around $12 an hr to do all the cards. So for 3000 birthday and 3000 Xmas cards I’ll spend $1000 dollars to her .The handwritten is huge,huge,huge . The fake handwritten you can tell the difference . If you use CO’s like Thanks.io to automate your cards your looking at $3.50 a card . My total is less than $1 a card including postage . I bought 15k forever stamps over 2 yrs ago when they were around 50 cent

Oh forget that, I just switched from Send out cards to mailbox power

just transferring the clients was a multiple day event

just fixing and cleaning up the csv file separating first and last name and spouses

But I need someone to over see it, put new clients in figure out how to work it, create new designs such like that

make sure the automations work right

put together a monthly newsletter stuff like this

just fixing and cleaning up the csv file separating first and last name and spouses

But I need someone to over see it, put new clients in figure out how to work it, create new designs such like that

Start creating a systems manual right now (if you don't already have one) if you're in the process of a change/migration. Document everything that you do and everything that your wife does. You want to have every process in your business documented.

Include screenshots of carrier sites, how to login to stuff, who to call when you have xyz issue, etc.

It is easier to have specific tasks assigned to an assistant if you have that setup and it is much easier to train them.

What CRM do you use? I use Zoho. We hired someone off of Upwork (I believe this is what we used) to write the code so that now when a new client is entered into Zoho they are automatically entered into Mailbox Power and the birthday card campaign we have set up. We also had it set up so that when we mark a client in Zoho as inactive, deceased or anything that relates to no longer a client that he is then deleted from the MP contact list/campaign. Total cost I think was around $500....money well spent

Back