MAPD commission question

jack3454

Super Genius
For a new to medicare MAPD commission, would you just get the remaining months of the year commission plus the new to medicare one time commission? example…new to medicare in August, enrolled in August, would the commission be for 5 months + the new to medicare commission? Or is that not correct?

For a new to medicare MAPD commission, would you just get the remaining months of the year commission plus the new to medicare one time commission? example…new to medicare in August, enrolled in August, would the commission be for 5 months + the new to medicare commission? Or is that not correct?
Depends on the Carrier, but most will pay FMV, so street level is $611 if I remember correctly.
Check your commission schedule with the Carrier

You’ll get the 5 months immediately then the next month get the difference between the $611 total and what they paid you already

If it's a national carrier, you will get the whole thing. Some smaller carriers might approach it differently, but in effort to stay competitive, theylll likely pay the whole thing. Gotta love those new to MA sales.

If it's a national carrier, you will get the whole thing. Some smaller carriers might approach it differently, but in effort to stay competitive, theylll likely pay the whole thing. Gotta love those new to MA sales.
What do you mean get the whole thing ?The true up 2nd half not paid for up to 4-6 week later with all carriers I’ve seen including United , Humana and Aetna.

Last edited:
What do you mean get the whole thing ?The true up 2nd half not paid for up to 4-6 week later with all carriers I’ve seen including United , Humana and Aetna.
I think we are saying the same thing, just differently. What you’re describing, you’re getting the whole thing, just not all at once… you get the whole 611, but it arrives in two different payments, initial and true up.

Latest posts

Back