Med sup claims skying and enrollment falling . Next yr premiums jump big

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Look at the below graphs . Claims going vertical and total insureds falling .What few talk about is the big % of unfavorable risk ( sick people ) on sups as the healthy rushed to zero premium .

Attachments

• 95075152-5E7D-426D-A8AE-5914F4439C74.jpeg
    95075152-5E7D-426D-A8AE-5914F4439C74.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 16
  • F89F91B2-0EB1-49B8-87FC-0BD6A9C575F6.jpeg
    F89F91B2-0EB1-49B8-87FC-0BD6A9C575F6.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 15
I just read big article . Some analysts believe benefits in mapd could see big reversal in 2025 . There predicting some food cards could be gone , dental having copays , copays on medical rising . We know one thing . The total # of insureds will be the same overall . But the days of sitting on your book and making renewals leaving it alone could be over . An agent might have to move 20-50% of his book in 2025 as plans will differ greatly. I think agents with bigger books better forget growing this aep and be prepared to deal with moving clients all aep

I just read big article . Some analysts believe benefits in mapd could see big reversal in 2025 . There predicting some food cards could be gone , dental having copays , copays on medical rising . We know one thing . The total # of insureds will be the same overall . But the days of sitting on your book and making renewals leaving it alone could be over . An agent might have to move 20-50% of his book in 2025 as plans will differ greatly. I think agents with bigger books better forget growing this aep and be prepared to deal with moving clients all aep
Time to quit!

Time to quit!
I’ll sell my book . 4x commissions ( books now much more valuable with loss of marketing money . Cheaper to buy than grow) That’s over $1 million . I want 100% payment up front structured as a capital gain .Im running 96% persistentcy last 12 months on a 99% mapd book .

I’ll sell my book . 4x commissions ( books now much more valuable with loss of marketing money . Cheaper to buy than grow) That’s over $1 million . I want 100% payment up front structured as a capital gain .Im running 96% persistentcy last 12 months on a 99% mapd book .
Lol that's my deal,

I'm re writing a bunch of med supps this year.

Re-wrote one this morning - I've had her policy since she turned 65 - went from UHC G eff 2/1/20 to new G 5/1/24 - new comp trail starts

Got her husband's - when she had turned 65 in 2020 he wasn't interested in changing. But now he's paying more... Got his Plan F UHC (was over $240/mo) down to new G at $122.

--

Every Monday, I'm sending 40 emails to a segment of my book asking them to call me (or calendly link) for a rate review.

This way - I can work through all 850+ med supps at a reasonable pace spread out over time. And hopefully won't have any asking for price checks or whatever during AEP.

For those willing to learn underwriting - I do think the med supp market has some disruption this year.

I'm re writing a bunch of med supps this year.

Re-wrote one this morning - I've had her policy since she turned 65 - went from UHC G eff 2/1/20 to new G 5/1/24 - new comp trail starts

Got her husband's - when she had turned 65 in 2020 he wasn't interested in changing. But now he's paying more... Got his Plan F UHC (was over $240/mo) down to new G at $122.

--

Every Monday, I'm sending 40 emails to a segment of my book asking them to call me (or calendly link) for a rate review.

This way - I can work through all 850+ med supps at a reasonable pace spread out over time. And hopefully won't have any asking for price checks or whatever during AEP.

For those willing to learn underwriting - I do think the med supp market has some disruption this year.
So, you moved med supp from uhc to uhc and you are getting 6+ yrs of new reset renewals?

Back