• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicare D, V, H

This is a vote pandering scheme. Vote for me and I will give you DVH insurance. Tack it on to the already $2 trillion (or is it $3 trillion?) give away package designed to put people back to work.

After the govt shut down the economy and created incentives to stay home from work (that worked TOO well) now we have the "vote for me and I will give you more free stuff".

Part D worked so well (NOT!!) that it led to higher drug price inflation than ever. We saw the same trend in the 90's when Rx copay plans replaced the typical deductible/reimbursement design that helped contain costs.

Over 80% of dentists do not participate in ANY dental network so the alternative would be to design an open access plan. Of course waiting periods would still be the norm, creating more confusion and complaints.

Most seniors (and a surprising number of agents) can't figure out Part D. If it happens, and I doubt it will, seniors will become flustered and never use the plan or will drop it in short order.

Schumer and Sanders are looking ahead to 2022 elections and need something to drive votes. The extreme left wing of the party is quickly alienating voters including the gray panthers. A mixture of boomers and the greatest generation doesn't like what they see in the streets and are generally more moderate in casting votes.

Time will tell but I don't see this moving many votes in Congress or the voting booths.

The extreme left wing of the party is quickly alienating voters including the gray panthers. A mixture of boomers and the greatest generation doesn't like what they see in the streets and are generally more moderate in casting votes.

Time will tell but I don't see this moving many votes in Congress or the voting booths.

Its the Extreme on both sides of both partys that is making the rest of us nuts

Back