Pdp $$

If pdp commissions are cut to zero what level of help or service will you provide to those member in your current book of biz
Caveat, I am not an insurance agent.

When I first joined the site and read posts in this sub-forum, one message that came across, with one or two exceptions, was Medicare agents' belief that doing PDP reviews for their Medigap clients was a necessary service to retain the Medigap client and commission on the related Medigap policy.

A number of agents commented along the lines of: The PDP review was so important to Medigap client retention that the agents did the PDP reviews even though they (the agent) received no commission for the PDP sale. It was cheaper to retain the Medigap client, and related Medigap commission, with PDP reviews rather having to replace the client because they went elsewhere to obtain help with PDP review.

Comments in this thread suggest agent views about the PDP product may be changing, to say the PDP is a product separate from Medigap coverage, and the PDP should not be handled if it does not provide separate agent compensation.

When I first joined the site and read posts in this sub-forum, one message that came across, with one or two exceptions, was Medicare agents' belief that doing PDP reviews for their Medigap clients was a necessary service to retain the Medigap client and commission on the related Medigap policy.

A number of agents commented along the lines of: The PDP review was so important to Medigap client retention that the agents did the PDP reviews even though they (the agent) received no commission for the PDP sale. It was cheaper to retain the Medigap client, and related Medigap commission, with PDP reviews rather having to replace the client because they went elsewhere to obtain help with PDP review.

Comments in this thread suggest agent views about the PDP product may be changing, to say the PDP is a product separate from Medigap coverage, and the PDP should not be handled if it does not provide separate agent compensation.
Remember insurance agents work 100% on commission. We don't have a salary and a chance to make extra money if we sell something. It is our livelihood and believe it or not we do have expenses like rent, office supplies, gas, some have assistants, etc. Maybe agents are getting sick of being treated like 2nd class citizens when in reality we bring value to the insurance companies and our clients. I get asked countless times how much someone owes me after our meeting. They do appreciate the help and want to make sure we are compensated fairly for our knowledge and advice.

I don't have a ton on PDP's but the renewal income is nice all the same. Can't imagine if someone does only Med Sups and everyone is on a stand alone PDP, now you are talking serious money. We are already treated like crooks with all the new rules and regulations, now let's pay them less too. Screw that. Let's all tell them to call 1-800-MEDICARE and see how that works out for everyone.

Probably like most agents here, in past, I ran clients PDP every October/November, and made changes when needed. Extremely time consuming, but that's what we did. Part of the job.
IF... commissions go to zero, that service I provide will stop. I will not run PDP options. Via email, I will provide detailed instructions for clients to do it themselves
-I will not subject myself to angry and disgruntled clients complaining about their PDP and not get paid.
-I will not spend over a 100 hours on the phone reviewing their options and not get paid.
- I will not subject myself to a potential formal compaint or a lawsuit and not get paid.

Remember insurance agents work 100% on commission. We don't have a salary and a chance to make extra money if we sell something. It is our livelihood and believe it or not we do have expenses like rent, office supplies, gas, some have assistants, etc. Maybe agents are getting sick of being treated like 2nd class citizens when in reality we bring value to the insurance companies and our clients. I get asked countless times how much someone owes me after our meeting. They do appreciate the help and want to make sure we are compensated fairly for our knowledge and advice.

I don't have a ton on PDP's but the renewal income is nice all the same. Can't imagine if someone does only Med Sups and everyone is on a stand alone PDP, now you are talking serious money. We are already treated like crooks with all the new rules and regulations, now let's pay them less too. Screw that. Let's all tell them to call 1-800-MEDICARE and see how that works out for everyone.

Ditto, wish I could give you two or more likes on that post! I also get asked all the time "What do I owe you for your help".

the reason the views have changed is because of bidenflation.

Who's willing to work for free?

Lol, not even close, it's the fact that mapd is now 60% or more of the market and that's when unbiased agent will spend their time, but good try
nationwide MAPD has only 51% penetration. Inflation affects everything, including insurance.
You should probably learn basic economics and the insurance industry before you comment on a public forum about it.

nationwide MAPD has only 51% penetration. Inflation affects everything, including insurance.
You should probably learn basic economics and the insurance industry before you comment on a public forum about it.
Lol fake news

Latest posts

Back