The FE Meme Thread

Years ago there was a motivational speaker and manager with Mutual Of New York. Some of you old timers like me many remember. His name was Charles, Tremendous, Jones. This was in the early 70's I had the LP vinyl records of him. He was very witty and had a sense of humor. This story has stuck with me over the years. He said a young guy came to his office and wanted a job as a life insurance salesman. Charles said, " well why do you want to sell life insurance?" The young man said, "because I love people". Charles said, "do you love people who hate you?"

When they ask, sometimes I tell people I am an identity thief or arsonist for a living because I'm afraid of what they'll think of me when I tell them I sell insurance. Anyhow, meme below.

insurance-meme-6.jpg

Years ago there was a motivational speaker and manager with Mutual Of New York. Some of you old timers like me many remember. His name was Charles, Tremendous, Jones. This was in the early 70's I had the LP vinyl records of him. He was very witty and had a sense of humor. This story has stuck with me over the years. He said a young guy came to his office and wanted a job as a life insurance salesman. Charles said, " well why do you want to sell life insurance?" The young man said, "because I love people". Charles said, "do you love people who hate you?"

"Tremendous" was a hero of mine before I was out of school. I somehow got a copy of his book "Life is Tremendous" and loved it. He was a hugger too! ;)

Latest posts

Back