• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Thoughts on Northwestern mutual?

wolfe42

Expert
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if there was anyone that worked or works for Northwestern Mutual, and ask about how good their training is.

Thanks in advance!

NML is an excellent company with good products.
You are captive to a higher degree than some other companies.
I am an ex Guardian guy and if you told me you have interviewed with all the mutuals, I would say go with the one that has the office that fits you best,.
Years ago NML had the best Life Insurance product training material.
Some offices are better at bringing in new (raw) people.
Ask what their onboarding process is?
Do they hook you up with a mentor?
Ask to speak with some recently recruited agents.
Ask how you get paid, do you have the resources to carry yourself for a bit?
Ask how their contract works.
I know one company that used to contract by year, so if you got contracted in December, January 1 you were a second year agent and it effected your comp.
I would also ask, what if I found a prospect who only wanted the cheapest term, does each company have the resource to sell other companies products without violating your contract.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if there was anyone that worked or works for Northwestern Mutual, and ask about how good their training is.

Thanks in advance!
I haven't worked for them, but just wanted to weigh in on one favorable aspect. I did submit interest in working with them and they sent some kind of an online assessment to gauge one's skill and/or ability and/or potential with a heavy emphasis on strengths and weaknesses. I found it to be very helpful.
Not sure about the other stuff but that's at least one thing in their favor.

I haven't worked for them, but just wanted to weigh in on one favorable aspect. I did submit interest in working with them and they sent some kind of an online assessment to gauge one's skill and/or ability and/or potential with a heavy emphasis on strengths and weaknesses. I found it to be very helpful.
Not sure about the other stuff but that's at least one thing in their favor.

Flashbacks.

I took that test a looong time ago with John Hancock. I think I was truthful, and failed it. They hired me anyway.

@WinoBlues and @Lloyds of Lubbock I'm not going to even try the Hancock test then.

I did recently "fail" Modern Woodmen's, though...

How terrible of them. Really how Modern can a Woodmen be anyway?

Kind sexist & bigoted to have only 1 of the dozens of genders in their/they company name. Plus, with the climate crisis, they/them shouldnt be promoting deforestation

Consider yourself lucky you failed the test

Back