4 Mo Upfront Part B Premium

MOTHER OF PEARL!!! Client who's putting off collecting SSI was just slapped with a $480 bill. She can't pay that. What tha?!?!??

I wanna cry. She's already been through so much.

MOTHER OF PEARL!!! Client who's putting off collecting SSI was just slapped with a $480 bill. She can't pay that. What tha?!?!?? I wanna cry. She's already been through so much.

They typically bill it quarterly when the beneficiary isn't receiving social security. She doesn't have much of a choice.

They typically bill it quarterly when the beneficiary isn't receiving social security. She doesn't have much of a choice.

See if they will let her do monthly via bankdraft. But if she's behind, she's out of luck

^^^ Yes they bill quarterly when client isnt on SSI.....but u said she got a bill for $480, that sounds like 4 mos, Im not sure why its 4 mos and not 3.

Sometimes they will make the initial bill for four or five months to get them on a calendar year quarterly cycle. I advise my clients who don't want to pay that much at once to do one of two things: make two or three copies of the invoice and send in one third or one fourth each month. As long as they're keeping current they have always accepted that. The alternative: Medicare EZ Pay, form CMS 5510-0059. That will get them on a monthly bank draft. I have this doc saved on my iPad for easy emailing while I'm in a prospect meeting.

Medicare EZ Pay: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/cms-forms/cms-forms/downloads/sf5510english.pdf

Back