4 Mo Upfront Part B Premium

Sometimes they will make the initial bill for four or five months to get them on a calendar year quarterly cycle. I advise my clients who don't want to pay that much at once to do one of two things: make two or three copies of the invoice and send in one third or one fourth each month. As long as they're keeping current they have always accepted that. The alternative: Medicare EZ Pay, form CMS 5510-0059. That will get them on a monthly bank draft. I have this doc saved on my iPad for easy emailing while I'm in a prospect meeting.

Medicare EZ Pay: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/cms-forms/cms-forms/downloads/sf5510english.pdf

Worked perfectly! Thanks for saving the day!!!

Worked perfectly! Thanks for saving the day!!!

Me, too! Didn't know they could break down the 1st invoice into monthly payments. Good option for someone who can't pay all at once.

It takes a while to set up the ACH, SS personnel say to allow 60-90 days. No notice is given when it is set up. An invoice eventually appears that says "this is not an invoice", showing the monthly amount to be drafted.

It also occurred to me, is there income based Medicare Savings Program help with Part B for SSI recipients?

Back