48hr Scope

My calendly is set to send (not obnoxiously) a request for the SOA immediately upon booking (text & email). Then one reminder (text and email)

So, 4 requests (2 emails, 2 texts)

If someone books and doesn't fill out the SOA ahead of time I'll write in what I've written at least once or twice before in the past "refused to sign ahead of meeting."

Carriers - even in 2014 - allowed "refused to sign" as compliant.

I think "good faith effort" goes a long way in this over-regulated aspect of our job.

In other words, I'm not going to waste my time asking them for it. I'm not going to call them 2 days before the appt and request the dumb piece of paper.

They'll get the automation and the chips can fall where they fall.

I requested it 4 times. I asked nicely.

I can say this - I set it up maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago and so far I've gotten several SOAs filled without verbally begging for them (I'm using a jotform pdf tool)

My calendly is set to send (not obnoxiously) a request for the SOA immediately upon booking (text & email). Then one reminder (text and email)

If someone books and doesn't fill out the SOA ahead of time I'll write in what I've written at least once or twice before in the past "refused to sign ahead of meeting."

I think "good faith effort" goes a long way in this over-regulated aspect of our job.

this is one option, you could also just backdate a paper SOA. Not everyone is tech savvy.

As I’ve said before few few people are going to be able to be 100% compliant. On the scope for next yr there’s no exception to the 48 rule like the old days . Every single call center sale will be coded “ as inbound “ so they can write and get soa immediately . Clients are calling me 2-4 times a week saying someone on the phone told them this or that . The calls are more than ever . I expect even more calls next yr . None of those people play by the rules . With United an agent can no longer see future terms .So I can’t protect my book . Your upline can now see all your clients . Everything stacked against the agent . A face to face agent will simply backdate the paper scope at time of sale . You don’t even need to turn a scope in. You just need to keep it yourself 10 yrs and be able to produce if you get a complaint. You can also upload all your paper scopes to Medicare center which will store for 10 yrs .

My friend has 40 Medicare’s agents under him . 1 agent has gotten 5 complaints in the last 2 months . 3 he never responded to as he said he never saw and they were settled as “founded “ . All 5 of the complaints were the same “ they never knew they enrolled” . Very serious.allegation and a pattern there . The carrier did nothing to him . Just written warning . I bet you 85% of face to face agents recorded nothing last yr . Supposedly you were supposed to record appts and client conversations. Ifg is mostly in telesales now . I heard there reps got 100’s of complaints during aep . Carriers protect there high producing agents and do nothing .

Last edited:

How do you set your Calendly to send an SOA?

How do you set your Calendly to send an SOA?

This is the automated text they get.

"Appointment confirmed with Scott Shafran [Fri, Jul 14, 2023 6:00pm (Eastern Time - US & Canada)]. Please click on this page of Scott's website: startmedicareright.com/appointment-prep"

I figured rather than sending them a bunch of separate things I just set up a page on my website call "appointment prep" and it asks for 3 things. So, it's a bit indirect.

The email sends them to the same link with something like "Help Scott prepare by going here and answering a few things" or something like that.

This is the automated text they get.

"Appointment confirmed with Scott Shafran [Fri, Jul 14, 2023 6:00pm (Eastern Time - US & Canada)]. Please click on this page of Scott's website: startmedicareright.com/appointment-prep"

I figured rather than sending them a bunch of separate things I just set up a page on my website call "appointment prep" and it asks for 3 things. So, it's a bit indirect.

The email sends them to the same link with something like "Help Scott prepare by going here and answering a few things" or something like that.

If someone calls into my office and either I answer or my assistant answers, we still enter in the appt with Calendly so that they get the text and email requests and reminders.

Back