Concerning Scope of Appointment

Rheagan24

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Quick question. If I meet a client now about another product then after the appointment I ask them what type of health insurance do they have and they proceed to tell me Medicare Advantage plan. Will I be compliant getting them to sign a scope and call them in October?

Likewise if someone is disenrolling from a MAPD during OEP and returning to original Medicare it will automatically disenroll them from the MAPD when you send in their PDP application. Always make sure they are approved on their new Med Sup before sending in the PDP application.

Likewise if someone is disenrolling from a MAPD during OEP and returning to original Medicare it will automatically disenroll them from the MAPD when you send in their PDP application. Always make sure they are approved on their new Med Sup before sending in the PDP application.
Great info. Another question. If I do a MAPD this late in the month for OEP, do I still use an effective date of 02-01-2020

My guideline is usually if past the 20th of the month I write it for a 3/1/20 but I'm sure there are agents who would write it for a 2/1 yet today. I just don't like them being hurried and not having cards, etc. Obviously if they are switching due to a Dr. not being in network or a prescription not being covered then you may want to push it through right away. If you are sending them back to a Med Sup and PDP and not GI then you want to go 3/1 to give the Med Sup company time for UW and make the PDP effective 3/1 and do not send the PDP application until they are approved by Med Sup.

My guideline is usually if past the 20th of the month I write it for a 3/1/20 but I'm sure there are agents who would write it for a 2/1 yet today. I just don't like them being hurried and not having cards, etc. Obviously if they are switching due to a Dr. not being in network or a prescription not being covered then you may want to push it through right away. If you are sending them back to a Med Sup and PDP and not GI then you want to go 3/1 to give the Med Sup company time for UW and make the PDP effective 3/1 and do not send the PDP application until they are approved by Med Sup.
Good Stuff. Very helpful information.

Back