70 Yr Old Male $250,000 Ins in Pa.

sjac

Expert
I have a 70-year-old male who has contacted me looking for $250,000 in life insurance
He was hospitalized in 2004 and had cardiac bypass surgery and a pacemaker defibrillator implanted.
He is also diagnosed with AFib and is on a blood thinner due to this condition. I am also aware that the last time he was hospitalized was in 2004 when he had the surgery. At this time I don’t have a more complete medical history. I’m looking for a recommendation on what companies may accept this client.
The last bit of information is he lives in Pennsylvania
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Pennsylvania? Man, if only you'd said Maryland. Penn is a deal killer....

Do you have anyone you can shop him with? I think you're in that table 8 to graded benefit type product. Good luck.

I have a 70-year-old male who has contacted me looking for $250,000 in life insurance
He was hospitalized in 2004 and had cardiac bypass surgery and a pacemaker defibrillator implanted.
He is also diagnosed with AFib and is on a blood thinner due to this condition. I am also aware that the last time he was hospitalized was in 2004 when he had the surgery. At this time I don’t have a more complete medical history. I’m looking for a recommendation on what companies may accept this client.
The last bit of information is he lives in Pennsylvania
Thanks for any help you can give me.

No company will be able to say they will accept this guy. Your best bet is to get complete medical history, and have your GA shop it out for you...from there, they may be able to determine which companies may be ideal, and at what table rating

Any company that would consider him for coverage will hit you with 6-7 tables just on the pacemaker due to atrial fib. Bypass almost 10 years ago with good follow-up cardiac workups etc.. will not be the main issue..Prudential's underwriting manual starts at a Table 7 for this guy...more likely a decline.

No company will be able to say they will accept this guy. Your best bet is to get complete medical history, and have your GA shop it out for you...from there, they may be able to determine which companies may be ideal, and at what table rating

^This

Does he have any idea what kind of premiums he's looking at? You could be wasting your time if he's not prepared to pay $10-20k/year .

^This

Does he have any idea what kind of premiums he's looking at? You could be wasting your time if he's not prepared to pay $10-20k/year .

You would have to ask the OP that question...I think first step would be to get very detailed medical history, and speak with your GA to shop out, and get preliminary best case worst case scenarios

At this condition, no companies will accept this guy. The best you can do is collect you medical report and search some sites for best policies like life insurance policies or do a google search. This will be only a try so before applying be sure to read terms of condition so that you may be sure for what you are getting.

Last edited:
At this condition, no companies will accept this guy. The best you can do is collect you medical report and search some sites for best policies like life insurance policies or do a google search. This will be only a try so before applying be sure to read terms of condition so that you may be sure for what you are getting.

I have read a couple of the links you have posted on different threads. They are horrible. Are you writing them?

Back