A doctor says a patient saved over $1,000 a month by ordering prescriptions through Mark Cuban’s onl

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Mark Cuban's online pharmacy saved a patient $1,000 monthly on prescriptions

For years, Democrats have tried to pass legislation that would allow Medicare to negotiate directly with manufacturers, as Cost Plus Drugs does, to lower prices for seniors. Over the past week, those legislators made a major step forward when both the U.S. House and Senate passed the Inflation Reduction Act. It would let Medicare negotiate prices for a limited number of drugs and also limit out-of-pocket medication costs for Medicare recipients to $2,000 annually.

But the legislation didn’t go as far as some had hoped. For example, a provision that would have capped insulin costs at $35 per month for private insurance customers was removed before the Senate vote.

How Mark Cuban helped a Cherry Hill business exec cut prices for the drug that keeps him alive

https://www.inquirer.com/health/mark-cuban-drug-costs-drew-katz-rare-disease-20230623.html

All he needed was a distributor. That’s where Cost Plus came in.

Katz wrote up a description of the problem for Cuban’s chief of staff and heard back from Cuban almost immediately.

“Mark jumped all over it,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything happen so quickly in my life.”

Doesn't explain how a proprietary drug is being 'under-cut' by an alternative,...simply because someone did research to find an alternative drug ???

So basically, Cost+ simply found the patient an alternative drug that works just as good as proprietary pill ---- have i got this right ?

Been checking the site regularly for clients. Some Rx occasionally are markedly lower than any coupons, drug store special deals or from the PDP carriers.
Often, though it's been a tie on generics between CostPlusDrugs site and the PDP. It's worked for a few clients where no other source was as low as them at least on one generic outlier on cost,--trazodone-- and certainly could work for people without a drug plan or under 65 with high deductible plans. It's another option to check.

Back