Can I write a plan the day before the next month for coverage the next month?

jack3454

Super Genius
How does it work if I write a plan on the 30th for coverage starting the next month (the next day)? Is that not recommended due to a possible gap in coverage until the plan is approved?

How does it work if I write a plan on the 30th for coverage starting the next month (the next day)? Is that not recommended due to a possible gap in coverage until the plan is approved?
You are being hypothetical, we assume, but==Just make sure you have the month end date confirmed, for the one you intend to do on the last day:
Here is a rhyme to help you to remember the number of days in each month. Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November; All the rest have thirty-one, Excepting February alone, And that has twenty-eight days clear And twenty-nine in each leap year. PS: this is leap year, so 2/29/24 is the last day.

There is no gap in coverage when you write someone on the last day, if they have an appointment on the first they can use their current insurance and it would be sorted out after the change was processed in CMS/Carriers.

Back