A Question Regarding Script Checks.

Jerard

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pork County
This is not one of the things that keep me awake at night but was curious....

Who contributes to the script database? Is it the insurance company after getting a listing of meds on an app? Or is it the doctors after a med has been prescribed? Or is it Carol Merrill at door number 3?

If it's the insurance company, then how long does it take for them to report it to the script database?

Enquiring minds want to know......

This is not one of the things that keep me awake at night but was curious.... Who contributes to the script database? Is it the insurance company after getting a listing of meds on an app? Or is it the doctors after a med has been prescribed? Or is it Carol Merrill at door number 3? If it's the insurance company, then how long does it take for them to report it to the script database? Enquiring minds want to know......

Insurance company. The way I understand it, if they get their meds from the VA or don't have insurance, it doesn't show up.

Insurance company. The way I understand it, if they get their meds from the VA or don't have insurance, it doesn't show up.

Thanks...I'm also wondering how long it takes for the company to send the script report in. I realize each company would be different, but perhaps there is an average time.

Correct its pharmacies putting it in national databases every time you fill and rx. Maybe somebody can comment on if the va reports and how far back does rx check go?

Back