Question about door knocking

How many door knocks does he do a day?

Lots! He's far from the norm and his success won't be easily replicated.

Your best bet is to buy leads, set appointments, and door knock as needed. If you want to work inner city Detroit (or inner city anywhere), maybe door knocking will serve you better?

Lots! He's far from the norm and his success won't be easily replicated.

Your best bet is to buy leads, set appointments, and door knock as needed. If you want to work inner city Detroit (or inner city anywhere), maybe door knocking will serve you better?

Detroit is a really good market and area to sell in...it is really needed and especially for younger adults considering the crime rate up there. I'm pretty sure he got quite a bit of referrals out if it as well. Honestly, as a woman, I wouldn't set foot up there...too many random crimes against women. Probably why he's making a killing, not many will step foot up there. But yes, he picked a very good location.

Detroit is a really good market and area to sell in...it is really needed and especially for younger adults considering the crime rate up there. I'm pretty sure he got quite a bit of referrals out if it as well. Honestly, as a woman, I wouldn't set foot up there...too many random crimes against women. Probably why he's making a killing, not many will step foot up there. But yes, he picked a very good location.

He picked Detroit because he lives in Detroit. He has other businesses there that were severely impacted by Covid. Which led him to FE.

But yes, the area matters. In every place that some of us wouldn't work there is someone there selling FE and wondering why we aren't working it.

When I was with another IMO there was a lady working the projects on the southside of Chicago and writing $175-200K per year without buying leads. But she was from the southside of Chicago. That was her home.

The guy in Detroit said he will go to 4 or 5 appointments without ever going back to his car. Says he might drive 10-12 miles in a day. I drive 10-12 miles between appointments many times.

He probably won't have another $80K month. I wouldn't bet against him though.

Good location ? Lol. In 12 months I want to see a print out on his persistency. That’s a ton of African American single males in Detroit inner city . The absolute worst fe people to sell to . Inner city your talking a ton of direct express business . I’ve knocked as many doors as anyone on this site . I’m speaking from vast experience. #1 it’s very dangerous to be working inner city .I know guys that have been mugged 3 plus times . A woman double hell no .#2 . Personally what I’ve seen I’d never let my wife wife or girlfriend door knock period anywhere . There’s some weird sick lonely people who fill out direct mail . As a woman I’d either run appts or get in fe telesales . Some woman kick ass in telesales .[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Good location ? Lol. In 12 months I want to see a print out on his persistency. That’s a ton of African American single males in Detroit inner city . The absolute worst fe people to sell to . Inner city your talking a ton of direct express business . I’ve knocked as many doors as anyone on this site . I’m speaking from vast experience. #1 it’s very dangerous to be working inner city .I know guys that have been mugged 3 plus times . A woman double hell no .#2 . Personally what I’ve seen I’d never let my wife wife or girlfriend door knock period anywhere . There’s some weird sick lonely people who fill out direct mail . As a woman I’d either run appts or get in fe telesales . Some woman kick ass in telesales .
If there are a lot of "African American single males in the area. then there are also a lot of African American single moms in the area that do buy and keep FE. No one says you have to focus on the males. BTW, in my experience, low-income African American single males had no worse persistency than low-income Caucasian single males.

Good location ? Lol. In 12 months I want to see a print out on his persistency. That’s a ton of African American single males in Detroit inner city . The absolute worst fe people to sell to . Inner city your talking a ton of direct express business . I’ve knocked as many doors as anyone on this site . I’m speaking from vast experience. #1 it’s very dangerous to be working inner city .I know guys that have been mugged 3 plus times . A woman double hell no .#2 . Personally what I’ve seen I’d never let my wife wife or girlfriend door knock period anywhere . There’s some weird sick lonely people who fill out direct mail . As a woman I’d either run appts or get in fe telesales . Some woman kick ass in telesales .
[/QUOTE]

Lol , I agree. As an African American female now is the worst time for a woman to go to certain parts of the inner city, particularly the mid-west. I would never step foot in Milwaukee, Detroit and some area of Chicago. Forget muggings, people are just shooting in cars for absolutely no reason. I was told if I ever was to go into the inner city in my area that I would need to know someone from that neighborhood that knew everybody, could serve as a lookout as well as word of mouth. I was also told the urban population is what funnels and keeps life insurance in business.

[/QUOTE]

The lady I know working the southside of Chicago maintains over 90% persistency and has been RNA's agent of the year at least twice. And they factor in persistency to their award.

You seem to struggle with persistency. I don't know of a single agent with FEX that really has persistency problems. There's been a few over the years but they were on their way out of the business anyway.

The guy in Detroit will have been in the FE business 1 year come November. I would bet his persistency is very good.

He certainly didn't mention any problems with persistency.

BTW, in my experience, low-income African American single males had no worse persistency than low-income Caucasian single males.

I believe this. I was watching MTV years ago and their was a rapper showcasing his life growing up in the inner city. He quickly introduced his insurance agent on camera writing life insurance policies. He said in the projects or urban areas it is a known fact or written rule that they keep life insurance agents around where he was from because there were so many deaths thru gang violence. I was actually surprised.

#2 . Personally what I’ve seen I’d never let my wife wife or girlfriend door knock period anywhere . There’s some weird sick lonely people who fill out direct mail .
[/QUOTE]

Anywhere??? Have people gotten that sick out here?

Anywhere??? Have people gotten that sick out here?[/QUOTE]

While I agree I would not want my wife doing what I do it's just one opinion. I can name 5 ladies with FEX that are out there just killing it. And a few more doing very well. Working anywhere from Phoenix to Indianapolis to Birningham to Chicago and also some in rural areas. Doing far better than many men have done in the same areas.

My wife agrees with me on it. She told a couple of those ladies last week that she would not do what they do.

I've been doing this a long time. It is very different for females and an extra challenge. But I've also seen that the ones that do make it are far above average agents.

Back