AAA in California

AgentJP

I'm thinking perhaps starting as a captive AAA agent would be a good way to learn P&C while maintaining a minimum income.

Anyone have experience with AAA in California? I'm going to an open house to talk to them today. Any good questions I should ask?

Thanks!

I dont, but would be interested to know what they are offering to their agents. i am in San Diego.

I dont, but would be interested to know what they are offering to their agents. i am in San Diego.

Further research indicates that Southern California and Northern California are two seperate entities so it might not apply but I'll report back what I find out.

Alright in Northern California AAA is laid out by district and the district manager makes all hiring decisions for a local branch. A local branch will have a number of P&C agents and a number of life agents. Agents are independant for the most part.

You're paid a training salary which goes away after six months.

For P&C the compensation is as follows:

Commission is 8.5%

You start bonusing around 33-34 policies and bonus maxes at around 54-55 policies. At max bonus you're paid around 18-19%.

Renewals are 1.5%

Renewals are 1.5%??

I guess if you're looking for a salary and a place to learn it might be good but it's hard to build a strong revenue stream on 1.5%

I forgot to mention there are allegedly a large number of house accounts that they assign to new agents on a matching system to help build their book.

So you sell 20 and get 20. He didn't say if you sell 40 you get 40 and I didn't ask.

But yes, if you want to learn the business it seems like a good place to start but ultimately not perhaps to stay.

Back