Abortion is In

Your tax dollars at work. Seems to me this should lead to the complete, total elimination of Planned Parenthood since if it's just another "medical procedure", why not have government clinics to run it? No more of this non-profit, tax deductible family planning crap.

CNSNews.com - Obama Administration Approves First Direct Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Through New High-Risk Insurance Pools

YouTube - Megyn Kelly Interviews Bart Stupak: Obama's No Abortion Pledge Is "Good"

Maybe he knew this all along, and this is why he is not running for reelection.

I saw something in the NAHU newsletter this morning that in New Mexico (one of the abortion target states), the federal risk pool has enrolled a grand total of THREE people since July 1. At that rate, they should enroll all six by August 1.

I saw something in the NAHU newsletter this morning that in New Mexico (one of the abortion target states), the federal risk pool has enrolled a grand total of THREE people since July 1. At that rate, they should enroll all six by August 1.

I can see the statement from the government now:

"Due to low interest in the issuance of health insurance under the guaranteed issue plans, we have determined for agents that they would not want to waste their time and as such, are not allowing compensation for selling plans moving forward."

Instead of:

"Participation is low in the guaranteed issue plans, and to stimulate sales we're going to have our sales force continue to receive commissions. In effect, we'll be able to increase the size of the risk pool and offset our costs better by using agents - it's the "spend money to make money" principle at work."

I'd be more concerned if the government stopped allowing choice OR made it mandatory. Providing choice, even if you personally don't like it, is the American way of life.

The ACA is a perfect example of government overreach because they made it mandatory, you have to have it. You guys complain about making something mandatory at the same time you're complaining something "is" mandatory.

Let me add one thing after listening to Bret, Why does the concern stop at birth then? Why cut food stamps, education and just about everything else under the sun to disadvantage these kids. Why the disconnect at birth? Shouldn't it occur at 21?
We want you born, but "you're on your own after that kid. I don't want to pay taxes on anything that may benefit you. "

Why this post isn't over in the political forum section beats the heck out of me? There are literally hundreds of posts over there that prove my point.

Last edited:
I recognize this is an highly emotional issue, but I feel the government went in the right direction.

Making something illegal doesn't stop it. It just drives the practice underground, which is how abortions were performed before they were legal here, and how they have always been performed in places they are not permitted.

This is no secret, and it applies to damn near anything a person could want that gets denied. From drugs and alcohol, to toilets (those high-flow ones are illegal since 1992's 1.6gal/flush limit, gotta get them from Canada), even raw milk. If someone wants it, they're getting it, regardless of what some piece of paper in DC says on it.

By making it something technically legal, it can be regulated, monitored, tracked, and carried out in the safest way possible. It's on these female's medical records, it's not some secret or taboo.

Sometimes there is no lesser of two evils, just one you can control a bit better.

Back