Abortion is In

Lame, yet hard to counter.

This isn't an argument anyone could possibly win. It's one you give up debating at some point, or dedicate your life to your cause.

I recognize this is an highly emotional issue, but I feel the government went in the right direction.

Making something illegal doesn't stop it. It just drives the practice underground, which is how abortions were performed before they were legal here, and how they have always been performed in places they are not permitted.

This is no secret, and it applies to damn near anything a person could want that gets denied. From drugs and alcohol, to toilets (those high-flow ones are illegal since 1992's 1.6gal/flush limit, gotta get them from Canada), even raw milk. If someone wants it, they're getting it, regardless of what some piece of paper in DC says on it.

By making it something technically legal, it can be regulated, monitored, tracked, and carried out in the safest way possible. It's on these female's medical records, it's not some secret or taboo.

Sometimes there is no lesser of two evils, just one you can control a bit better.

Maybe you should go to Med school so you can hack a few up and suck em out with your shop vac. Oh safely of course.

I never said I support, endorse, or would ever participate. I just said we might as well regulate, rather than turn a blind eye. Making things illegal doesn't work, and history supports that fully.

(This is where I stop debating. I really couldn't care less either way. I have no religious affiliation or uterus, and I'm a big supporter of safe intercourse. )

Last edited:
Making things illegal doesn't work, and history supports that fully. Lame argument bro...Just lame...make excuses for not taking a stand...as you stand on the sideline, you are endorse it and call yourself Switzerland...cool man. Lame.

You Switzerland types on abortion...you are pro abortion Ray. Enough said. Lame and spineless.

I am pro choice.

But again let me ask the question that never seems to get answered and didn't in this post either....

OK I get it, you are against Abortion, but why are you also against birth control, food stamps, education, social service programs and anything that would benefit these children you want in the world.

Why does your care STOP at birth? WHY?

This issue is discussed out of the public forum and I get grief and teased about wanting to care for these unwanted kids after they come into the world. To quote a staunch anti abortion poster "yea, Gilmore thinks we should feed them."

Statements like those confuse the heck out of me. Why do you fight so hard to end abortion at the same time you fight to end social programs that would help those children?

Because YES I do believe we should support those kids as best we can. I just don't get the walk away at birth aspect of some of your belief systems. It is hard to take your POV seriously when it has a pull date at birth.

Back