ACA ObamaCare 2018 - Rules, Premiums, Info, Etc.

Remember everyone, if you have STM clients that expire at the end of 2017, offer them the opportunity to buy a 2018 ACA plan BEFORE the December 15th deadline!

Don't wait until (for example) December 20th to contact them about obtaining another STM, only have that client ask you about potentially getting an ACA/ObamaCare plan. At that point, it's too late.

The last thing we want to hear is, "Why didn't you tell me before the December 15th deadline!?!.. I now have XYZ Medical Condition! The State Insurance Commissioner will be hearing from me about your unprofessional conduct, Mr. Agent!"

YES!!!

And it was via the carriers request.
Like YAgents, I thought the shortened 2018 Open Enrollment period of 11/1 thru 12/15 was OBAMA's doing.

But you're 100% Spot-On...oh wise KGMom.

From February 15, 2017

""As Republicans debate how to move forward with repealing and replacing or reforming the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Trump administration is proposing a rule that would help stabilize the market in 2018.

The rule would tighten enrollment in ACA exchange plans. Instead of a 3-month open enrollment period, the rule would shorten the upcoming open enrollment period for the ACA’s individual market to half that time: November 1, 2017, to December 15, 2017. The new timeline aligns the marketplace with the employer-sponsored insurance market and Medicare.""
SOURCE: Proposed Rule Shortens ACA Open Enrollment Period

While it wasn't done to "sabotage" the ACA, I don't understand how a shorter enrollment period stabilizes the market. All the chronically ill people sign up ASAP, and a ton of healthy people miss the deadline, because it's not the #1 priority in their life.

While it wasn't done to "sabotage" the ACA, I don't understand how a shorter enrollment period stabilizes the market. All the chronically ill people sign up ASAP, and a ton of healthy people miss the deadline, because it's not the #1 priority in their life.

Say anything with a straight face and some will believe it.

My reason for supporting it is "my wife is cooking chicken soup" - same difference.

People who were not autorenewed due to any number of reasons are now sep eligible. But commision is ZERO. Right?

Here's 2 more cents on how to fix ACA...........copy the Medicare Advantage model

https://www.rwjf.org/content/dam/farm/reports/issue_briefs/2018/rwjf443001

Medicare Advantage Provides Roadmap for ACA Plans | HealthLeaders Media

"Yet Medicare Advantage has been much more successful, due in large part to regulatory features that give insurers greater certainty about bidding, risk adjustment, and provider payment," she said.

The study offers five policy recommendations based on Medicare Advantage’s success to strengthen the marketplaces for long-term stability, including:

• Raise enrollment in marketplace plans by increasing premium and cost-sharing subsidies and eliminating short-term plans;
  • Cap provider payment rates at Medicare rates or a fixed percentage above them;
  • Standardize cost-sharing within metal tiers, or limit the number of plan designs available;
  • Lift the budget neutrality requirement for risk adjustment in the marketplaces;
  • Use a higher benchmark than the second-lowest-cost silver plan for calculating premium tax credits.

Back