ACA Selling

Just showing a couple of my clients that little skit, thought they would fall on the floor laughing, since I tried to do a subsidy app and the site went down in the middle.

I am NY too, and when i did compare the plans the plans seem standardized for ny specifically...

I am going to assume they are doing a same plan and youre paying for doctors/pills/network coverage.

They actually sent some people into my office asking about this, but most of them do not have email and they make too much for medicaid and too low for the exchange.

they are stuck in limbo until jan 1 2014 when medicaid rolls out their new poverty level plus 133% eligibility. i questioned the exchange on the penalty if he applies in jan 1 2014 for medicaid and they say they do not know how the penalty will be applied.

----------

RayNY, that chart was what i was looking for.. basically all bronze has to follow that layout with deviations that are not listed on that chart right?

Why didnt the exchange just tell me where to get that link when i asked for something like this...

Plans within the exchange are "standardized", which means they are all the exact same plan design, right down to the RX copays. All carriers must offer these standard plans. If they choose, they may offer non-standard plans that still meet the metal-level AV. These plans may have slightly different cost sharing schedules or different deductibles/oop max.

You're paying for brand, service, and network. Network appears to be the big differentiation, cheaper plans have smaller networks, some ridiculously so.

It appears the same rules apply in my state. When I was able to go in, the plans were standardized across the carriers, only the premiums differed. But I may be wrong as I only looked at it briefly.

How confusing is it to explain a bronze plan from the Blues costs X and the bronze plan from United costs Y, but bronze from Blues covers A B &C and the bronze from United covers D, E, & F?

Can that be anymore complicated? Can anyone say E&O will cover many procedures?

Back