ACAexpress.com

Just wanting to clarify - The standard package DOESN'T require the $500 set up fee ?

That is correct, and keep in mind, 50% of the setup fee on the "Pro" plan is refunded after only 50 total applications submitted! And the Pro plan transaction fees are, on the high side, $12.50 and with even reasonable volume go MUCH lower.

I have the same question as Steph0216. I contacted ACA Express, and both Kenny and Reid got back to me immediately, with excellent customer service. I talked to Reid yesterday, and told him that I only sold 11 FFM cases last year, as 99.99% of my business was OFF exchange or group.

I decided not to do ACA therefore, because of the $500 set-up fee and the $100 monthly fee in addition to per-app fee.

I could just use Health Sherpa, FFM or Carrier Direct! However, if those initial fees weren't that high, I would use ACA Express. So, please clarify if the set-up and monthly fees apply.

----------

Oops. Kenny answered the question while I was typing this post!

I should have mentioned as well in my last post (it is in the documents I uploaded though) that the "Standard" plans ONLY fees are the $20 per transaction. There is NO setup fee and NO monthly license fee.

On the Pro Plan the monthly $95.00 license fee is also NOT charge when only 20 or more apps per month submitted.

I have the same question as Steph0216. I contacted ACA Express, and both Kenny and Reid got back to me immediately, with excellent customer service. I talked to Reid yesterday, and told him that I only sold 11 FFM cases last year, as 99.99% of my business was OFF exchange or group.

I decided not to do ACA therefore, because of the $500 set-up fee and the $100 monthly fee in addition to per-app fee.

I could just use Health Sherpa, FFM or Carrier Direct! However, if those initial fees weren't that high, I would use ACA Express. So, please clarify if the set-up and monthly fees apply.

----------

Oops. Kenny answered the question while I was typing this post!

Ann, no setup fee or monthly fee on the Standard package, $20 an app, easy add on with the supplemental coverage-this made it a no brainer for me.

----------

FLM2, I recall that you are "testing" the HealthSherpa platform too. You seem to be leaning more towards ACAExpress. Correct?
-Allen

Allen, I submitted 2 apps through HealthSherpa, both went through fine but they are down for upgrades right now.

The embedded supplemental benefits available with ACA Express is a game changer for me, it creates another source of long term cash flow with a product that seems very strong, particularly for a family of 4 because the monthly premium pretty much comes back in terms of Indemnity payments for office visits and labs plus the tax savings on the premium for the self employed and small business owner, it makes the net cost of a family plan no more than $11 a month after subtracting out those benefits.

I'm signing up with ACA Express standard package. No brainer. This is in addition to my current Norvax account that I already incur a fee for. May the best software win.

Let us know when we can start signing up.

Pro Package seems like a better deal, considering the cost per app goes down to $10 and the setup fee is waived if you submit 50 apps which is a reasonable goal.

----------

This is a completely unsolicited review of ACA Express and solely my opinion:

I went through the demo video last night and am enrolling in the standard package today (no set up, no monthly, $20 per app)-this is truly a no brainer for a single producer.

I give ACA Express enormous credit on this because they have figured out a great business model-they built in a supplemental benefits option (called Out of Pocket Protector) that, if only added on 10% of the apps, will more than pay the application fees in full for using the system for the first year and provide an on-going stream of income in future years (renewal commissions on the lowest level package are 20% or $200 per year).

For them, of course, as an upline, they get the overrides on all of these sales and I'm sure this will be a significant revenue stream.

Just a quickie on the Out of Pocket Protector-it is a typical gap plan, the base premium for an individual is $69 per month ($89 for a couple) and includes about $300 a year in 'routine benefits' for office visits and lab tests-so the actual cost is about $45 per month Individual and $39 per month (couple) for all of the other stuff (figure an Accident indemnity plan plus benefits for hospital stays, outpatient surgery, and $250 for an ER visit) and not a bad deal-I wish there was a critical illness rider that could be added, that would make it even better.

In addition to the Standard package they do have a Pro package that is more for call centers and agencies with multiple agents with a monthly fee and lower fee per app.

On a scale of 1-10, I give ACA Express an initial 9.2 (if they could eliminate carriers on the agent facing website it would be a 9.9-nothing is a '10' except Bo Derek about 35 years ago).

As the "new boys in town", ACAexpress has been subject to a lot of scrutiny, and that's only to be expected. Noteworthy,the above post exemplifies, the virtues of this company and that it's novel product stands out from wherever you poke.
I just wanted to add my opinion regarding the credibility and certification of this new offering. Well I did my due diligence, as any thorough investor would, and all I can say is that a high end executive of the CMS through a conference call vouched that the entity is 100 % compliant and is in agreement to offer their services.
So all I can say, is "go for it", it's the best solution for open enrollment without wasting valuable time through the cumbersome government website.

Last edited:
I signed up for ACA express a few weeks ago. $20 per app model. Got an email from them saying to be ready this week to provide info and have sub domain ideas ready. Haven't heard from them yet this week though. Anxious to see what their link will look like so I can possibly design marketing around it.

Any update on rollout Kenny?

Thanks everyone -- I'll be signing up for the standard package today I think. Also wondering about the CMS update I received yesterday stating that this year we can expect the healthcare.gov process to go up to 75% faster... I still think I'll submit all my on exchange policies through ACAexpress. Helpful feedback .

I didn't see any differences between Standard and Professional other than the volume pricing. Am I wrong?

If that is correct, I'll go with the Standard. About 99% of my business is group or OFF exchange. At $20 an app, with no set-up or monthly fees, it saves me lots of frustration from the hc.gov or carrier direct pathways. If I planned to increase my ON exchange volume instead of OFF and group, then I would have definitely considered the Professional package.

I didn't see any differences between Standard and Professional other than the volume pricing. Am I wrong?

If that is correct, I'll go with the Standard. About 99% of my business is group or OFF exchange. At $20 an app, with no set-up or monthly fees, it saves me lots of frustration from the hc.gov or carrier direct pathways. If I planned to increase my ON exchange volume instead of OFF and group, then I would have definitely considered the Professional package.

I pay more attention to my income side than the expense side of my business so with the standard package there is no stress about having a monthly subscription or the setup fee and have the additional income generating capability of the supplemental package, the $20 is less than 1 month's commission so it doesn't even get on my radar.

I just did an Exchange app on healthcare.gov in 30 minutes (including the screen share setup and having to switch from Chrome to IE because the login didn't work on Chrome for whatever reason) but I will still opt for the ACA Express route because it is cleaner, easier, and has better tracking for me regarding any commissions that fall through the cracks.

I just did an Exchange app on healthcare.gov in 30 minutes (including the screen share setup and having to switch from Chrome to IE because the login didn't work on Chrome for whatever reason) but I will still opt for the ACA Express route because it is cleaner, easier, and has better tracking for me regarding any commissions that fall through the cracks.

In chrome, go to settings>type in "cookies" in the upper right search bar>click the "content settings" button>then click the "all cookies and site data" button>now type in "healthcare.gov" and click X beside every hc.gov cookie to delete it.

You should then be able to login...

Back