Activator and other CRM versus client database

I tried the other online CRM's and went back to ACT. It is too easy to run labels, lists, ect from ACT to go to one like sugar or freecrm, for me.

I did sign up for GOTOMYPC.com, so I could access ACT from all my computers whereever I am as long as I have internet.

It is what works for me, to each their own.

I tried the other online CRM's and went back to ACT. It is too easy to run labels, lists, ect from ACT to go to one like sugar or freecrm, for me.

I did sign up for GOTOMYPC.com, so I could access ACT from all my computers whereever I am as long as I have internet.

It is what works for me, to each their own.

And that does sound like a good solution that I would consider BUT my ACT and WORD and VISTA and Activator are getting a LOT of conflicts ever since I upgraded to VISTA and the new microsoft products last January. Mainly Word keeps crashing.

I'm just ready to try the online thing.

And that does sound like a good solution that I would consider BUT my ACT and WORD and VISTA and Activator are getting a LOT of conflicts ever since I upgraded to VISTA and the new microsoft products last January. Mainly Word keeps crashing.

I'm just ready to try the online thing.

I initially went to Vista and then back to XP and now I am back to Vista on all of my computers except the one I run ACT on. All I do with the computer that has ACT on it is run ACT on it. We access it from our other computers via gotomypc.com, even at the home office, rather than using networking. That way ACT does not have to be installed on all of the computers, just the ACT computer.

I had issues getting networked with ACT, so I gave up and went to gotomypc.com.

I am having no issues with Vista that I didn't also have with XP. I did start from scratch and reformatted the computers with Vista as the operating system rather than trying to install it in a new partition. I set up on my main computer a 2nd harddrive that is where all my files are stored, so all I had to do was reinstall my applications and waste a day of a weekend getting everything back up to speed.

Patch,
With Go to My PC can two people who are different users in ACT be working on the Act database at the same time from remote locations?

You guys will find that every other edition of windows is crap and every other version is great.

Windows 95 - Great (giant leap from what came before it)
Windows 98 - not great (memory got bogged down a lot)
Windows 2000 - Great (workhorse)
Windows ME - Terrible
Windows XP - Great (thats what I am on now)
Windows Vista - Sucks
Windows 7 - Great (from what I hear)

You're right.
I'm back with Act and Activator on Windows 7 and it works great.

very informative and i am sure this will help us in many ways too....thanx alot for sharing this informative information.....
will add something more from my side too

very informative and i am sure this will help us in many ways too....thanx alot for sharing this informative information.....
will add something more from my side too

Bobkerry,

I have the feeling that you are about to launch a bunch of SPAM about your database that you sell.

Latest posts

Back