AETNA - Amazing Underwriting / Horrible Pay.

Rates a bit high here but they suck as a company. They ran off too much of my placed business due to their inability to get the billing right.

Didn't help when they handed out 3 rate increases last year to in force business.

Anyone read the E-mail from AETNA today announcing their 2012 pay structure? $3,000 bonus for 10 new applications in the first quarter isn't too shabby!

I have yet to read the fine print however. If this new-improved 2012 comp schedule announcement is on the up-and-up, this could be a big step in the right direction.

It's annoying to have to set up an account for a prospect just to run a quote, but Aetna rates in NE Illinois are great for smokers and those who are overweight.

-Allen

Havent been selling much Aetna lately but 10 apps for a 3000 bonus sure looks attractive. Looks like we'll be pumpin out Aetna for a few weeks to grab that 3 k.:yes:

Old: 1-11 apps 4% New: 0-9 apps = 4%
Old: 12-24 apps 6% New: No 6% level
Old: 25-49 apps 8% New: 10-19 = 8%
Old: 50+ apps 10% New: 20-34 = 10%
Old: No 12% level New: 35+ apps = 12%

They made it easier to hit higher comps closer to competition, and don't punish you for writing 2 apps a month.

I just got off the phone with the Aetna "Agent Care" people. The guy showed me how to bypass Producer World and run a direct quote for a prospect without following the annoying process of setting up an account for him/her. You just visit www.aetna.com and run your quote like any consumer would. Most of you experienced Aetna agents probably knew this, but for those who didn't this can streamline your quoting time. -ac

ur still a sell out if u sell aetna and should have ur commissions directly routed to the nearest welfare office :)

I will earn about 17% FYC with Aetna next quarter. They issue quick and I rarely have problems with them.

Of course, I do sympathize with those that have problems with them, but in many zips, they are a very good option.

Back