Aetna Latest Out of Ind. Individual Health Market

If you enter an Indiana Zip Code on the Aetna website for individual/family coverage, you're re-directed to ehealthinsurance.com. I wonder what kind of referral $$ Aetna gets from them?
-ac

Indiana Seeks To Delay MLR Provision Until 2014.

The Indianapolis Business Journal (8/9, Wall) reports that five health insurers, who combined represented about 10 percent of all those who have individual policies in Indiana, have announced their departure from the state's individual health insurance market. The insurers "argue that the marketing and administrative expenses on individual policies are so high that they cannot transition" to medical loss ratio (MLR) provisions required under the 2010 health reform law. The Indiana insurance department "worries more health insurers may follow-particularly small, local insurance plans and insurance plans operated by health care providers." As a result, "Insurance Commissioner Stephen Robertson asked the Obama administration in May to grant Indiana a waiver that would delay the 80-percent rule until 2014."

Bob Knight was and always will be a freakin' asshole of the highest magnitude.

And he wasn't that good of a coach either and certainly a horrible recruiter.

Washed up. Old news. Irrelevant. Poor Bob.

I don't know why all you guys are dissing my state of Indiana!

We are a small market for the health insurance companies.
5.5 million residents under 65 for the entire state.

Aetna never truly invested in to the state. I was there when they launched both group and individual products. There were no Aetna people at the launch. They were using BDS.

The never really wanted small group or individual but what they did want was the medicaid contract.

I don't know why all you guys are dissing my state of Indiana!

We are a small market for the health insurance companies.
5.5 million residents under 65 for the entire state.

This is the point isn't it? Why do the a-holes in DC not get this? Every state is different. Heck there are more than 5 million in Atlanta metro alone. Just try driving around here. What works in my state may not fly in yours and vice-versa. If it did, the rates would be the same everywhere. This is just another "un"intended consequence of Obamacare.

Back