Aetna Outsources Admin

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Well, It's 7AM your 20 month old twins are asleep... BAM!! phone rings 6 times, both home and office phone... going nutz... No mesg left till the last call.... Who TF is this clown..

"Hello MR. Charles (code words that they are a forigner) I beg you to allow me to appoligize for not calling you back yesterday(I was on hold for 35 minn with these people yesterday) I have the requote on the 2 kids you wanted. The AETNA 3500 deductible plan will be...."

Why the hell are they calling at 7 am and when the hell did AETNA outsource billing and admin services to the Philippnes?

Elections have consequences and the monkey in chief likes to say... welcome to health care reform

AETNA, Glad I met ya!!

I have been saying this all along - insurance companies, not just Aetna are going to cut at the "bottom" first (agents, customer service, etc). Anyone who deals with the public. Get used to it America. The MLR will be met with the help of low paid foreign workers.

Hey maybe we should all move to Costa Rica or somewhere warm and be outsourced too? I heard the cost of living is cheaper there. Our commissions would certainly go a lot further.

I Predict that this is just the begining and working with these carriers will become more and more difficult, they won't have the staff to man the phones and answer questions like they do now.

A perfect storm. Commissions go down, customer service at home office goes down, need for the agent to provide more customer service and more expertise during these turbulent times goes UP.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Hello MR. Charles (code words that they are a forigner)...

Be glad they call you Mr. Charles. When someone from the Phillipines contacts me, they always start with "Madame Ann". Hmmmm. Maybe that would be a better career move if health insurance implodes!

:twitchy:

Last edited:
A perfect storm. Commissions go down, customer service at home office goes down, need for the agent to provide more customer service and more expertise during these turbulent times goes UP.

Be glad they call you Mr. Charles. When someone from the Phillipines contacts me, they always start with "Madame Ann". Hmmmm. Maybe that would be a better career move if health insurance implodes!

:twitchy:

Thats a good one!
We got something similar today from our friends at Humana. They were rude to one of our seniors (verification call, MAPD) who couldn't speak with them at the exact moment they called. We followed up on it because she never a call back. We first get one email (2 weeks later) asking us for the woman's Medicare #, then we get another today telling us she has been enrolled, and to please not send duplicate emails to them (chastising us) as they work on emails as they come in. The person at Humana tells us they are on the December 1 emails right now. Today is January 12 and they are just on the December 1 emails???? As this was an email it was hard to say which country this person is working in. Rude nonetheless. They treat agents like dirt. On the individual side, they get angry if we call them with issues on clients. They want our RSM to call for us.

Last edited:
Thats a good one!
We got something similar today from our friends at Humana. They were rude to one of our seniors (verification call, MAPD) who couldn't speak with them at the exact moment they called. We followed up on it because she never a call back. We first get one email (2 weeks later) asking us for the woman's Medicare #, then we get another today telling us she has been enrolled, and to please not send duplicate emails to them (chastising us) as they work on emails as they come in. The person at Humana tells us they are on the December 1 emails right now. Today is January 12 and they are just on the December 1 emails???? As this was an email it was hard to say which country this person is working in. Rude nonetheless. They treat agents like dirt. On the individual side, they get angry if we call them with issues on clients. They want our RSM to call for us.

Lets see if I get this right...Send us Premium but do not bother us you lowly producers. If you have questions email us and we will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time, currently reasonable is 6 weeks.

Reminds me of the time a client called Great American direct and inquired about a distribution from his Annuity, now I don't know what he said to the customer service rep but the letter that went out with the surrender request form was address to Dear Jackass....Now you can bet the client spoke out about that I was the third phone call after his payroll dept and the superintendent of the district...He almost got our payroll slot through which about 250K a year flowed through....What really drove me nuts is the sales side was as livid as I was but the Homeoffice people covered and as far as I know the *** is still employed.

Last edited:
Lets see if I get this right...Send us Premium but do not bother us you lowly producers. If you have questions email us and we will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time, currently reasonable is 6 weeks.

That is just for the Medicare people. On the under 65 crowd they don't want us bothering them at all. They want us to ask our RSM to bother them instead. Adds a layer to the process. Either that or they want to find things for the RSM to do.

:skeptical:

That is just for the Medicare people. On the under 65 crowd they don't want us bothering them at all. They want us to ask our RSM to bother them instead. Adds a layer to the process. Either that or they want to find things for the RSM to do.

:skeptical:
I don't have an under 65 market in my state and Human Med Supps are overpriced so I can say this without caring about losing a carrier...But I would tell them no I am a licensed agent with your company, I submit business and I'm not having a game of telephone screw things up.

Back