CVS Health Will Return Aetna To Obamacare Market

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
CVS Health Will Return Aetna To Obamacare Market

The announcement to return to the ACA’s individual business, also known as Obamacare, comes as President Joe Biden and his administration work to bolster the health law and expand health insurance options to more Americans. Biden has already used executive orders to open a special open enrollment period for this year to allow Americans who have lost coverage during the pandemic to obtain benefits.

Meanwhile, Congress is expected to increase the number of Americans eligible for subsidies to help pay for individual coverage under the ACA as part of the massive Covid-19 relief package currently wending its way through the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate.

EO Joe wants to expand Medicaid, which is another of Obama's plans to create a Great Society. Too many states rejected Medicaid expansion which put more pressure on carriers to pick up the slack by supporting Obamacare.

Over 90% of carriers writing U65 health insurance prior to 2014 left the market by 2016. BX has filled the void in most areas.

Why would a small time player like Aetna want to take on the 500 pound gorilla, especially if EO Joe is successful in expanding Medicaid?

BTW, providers lose money on Medicaid, so even if Joe succeeds that means LESS access to health care and more "discrimination" against low income individuals.

I just did my first ACA plan in over 5 years last night. I was surprised how many options we have in Fl now, compared to 2016, and the app was a cinch. Hope to do more soon
The pools of companies now in Florida pretty diverse, interesting happening in our state. :biggrin:

So, if $15 is minimum wage, do we change the subsidy guidelines? Many of my clients getting ACA for little or nothing will lose a lot of subsidy money as well as CSR plan benefits.

Not when they lower how many hours they can give out ;)

Back