Aged Leads: DNC, and General Questions

Aram Fingal

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm looking at buying aged home and/or auto leads.

If one buys aged leads, as long they're still within however many days the DNC allows to call someone that has made a request for contact (can anyone remind me how long that is?) that means you can call them without having to check them against the DNC correct?

Also, I've looked at a couple of places that sell aged leads, but no one has a sample lead to see what info comes with it. Do you get a full lead like the internet leads you get from places like Insureme or Hometown, or do you just get a name and phone number? Or does it vary depending on who you're buying from?

For anyone who uses aged leads, is the best approach to basically call them up and say something along the lines of "You recently requested a quote/information on product X and I'm following up with you to make sure your needs were met and to see if I can be of service/save you some money?"

Thanks!

You have 90 days from the date of the request to contact them without worrying about the DNC list.

My experience is you get the same information as if you bought them 'brand-new', its just in spreadsheet format so it can be a bit hard to read. I import them into Microsoft access and created a readable front end so I can use them. Alternatively, you can create a mail-merge and print them out to work them.

Most aged lead vendors give webinars from time to time on how to work the leads. Yes, it boils down to calling and check up to see if they are taken care of or if they still need help. Many times, you'll run into the same disconnected phone numbers or wrong person, just like real time leads.

Dan

You have 90 days from the date of the request to contact them without worrying about the DNC list.

My experience is you get the same information as if you bought them 'brand-new', its just in spreadsheet format so it can be a bit hard to read. I import them into Microsoft access and created a readable front end so I can use them. Alternatively, you can create a mail-merge and print them out to work them.

Most aged lead vendors give webinars from time to time on how to work the leads. Yes, it boils down to calling and check up to see if they are taken care of or if they still need help. Many times, you'll run into the same disconnected phone numbers or wrong person, just like real time leads.

Dan

Dan is correct in that you have 90 days from the time the consumer entered the data. Just hope the date is correct or you are on your own for fines re: he DNC penalties.

Difference on real time leads is that you get credit for bad leads like this. "Many times, you'll run into the same disconnected phone numbers or wrong person, just like real time leads."

If the leads come in spreadsheet format then it definitely means to me that the leads are data downloads from somewhere/one that most likely sold them as fresh to someone. I guess that is standard practice for lead data these days.

Interesting that there are few complaints for this business practice by the agents.

Aged leads are good if you keep your expectations low (realistic) and realize that they need to be worked, but don't have the sense of urgency that realtime leads do.

Many times, you'll run into the same disconnected phone numbers or wrong person, just like real time leads.

I figured as much, but it's less painful when they cost that much less. It looks like they start out at about $1 per lead and go down in price if you buy more than a certain amount like 100 or 250 or whatever.

Of course, you can get credit for bad leads if you're paying for real time ones. But a lot of the time you just can't get anyone on the phone, and no one calls back if you leave messages. So that isn't a "bad" lead.

On a pure dollar ROI it would appear that a 1% close rate on these would be the equivalent of a 10% close rate on real time leads. Of course the time involved is higher if there are more leads to go through.

I am thinking that between calling and maybe having a CSR crank out and mail quotes I should be able to do much better than 1 in 100. Seems to be worth a shot. And a higher quote count will make my manager giddy.
:D

What lines are you looking to sell with them?

If you haven't checked with Michael Norris at StellarProsepects.com, you might want to.

Have you tried straight cold calling?

What lines are you looking to sell with them?

Auto, home and maybe life.

If you haven't checked with Michael Norris at StellarProsepects.com, you might want to.

That's actually probably who I would buy them from.

Have you tried straight cold calling?

A little in the past, although I'm planning on starting to do that again. I know where to get my list from for that. ;)

Auto, home and maybe life.

Auto and home are going to be much easier to call for than life. Not that folks can't do both, but if you do well with auto and home then switch to life, expect to have drastically different response rates.

That's actually probably who I would buy them from.

He's awesome. I've purchased aged life leads from him and he's always given me a fair price with great service on them.

Back