Agency Management System Review

I use excel and a NAS system. (nas so i can access my files at home or on the road, its my personal cloud system)

I have about 80 clients right now, and it works fine for me. Though i keep track of every phone call or question they contact me about. The only problem for me is notes being so many fields.

Im looking into those Free CRM to organize it more then eventually when my profit can afford AMS i will change over. Anyone recommend a free crm that can do file tracking for my pdf acord forms?

I agree with RBA keep your overhead as low as possible, cash is like the blood of your company.

Just ask yourself what can AMS do vs Excel cant do in your current situation. When i first started, i went in buying every thing seasoned insurance agencies had. I later found out this was eating all my profits and im working for free. I've minimized all overhead now and i'm actually in the positive lol.

Especially when your learning you will have slow periods or you will have periods where you cant handle the work and lose out on some clients.

Granted i am new too and i have no right to be lecturing, but thats my opinion.

I use excel and a NAS system. (nas so i can access my files at home or on the road, its my personal cloud system)

I have about 80 clients right now, and it works fine for me. Though i keep track of every phone call or question they contact me about. The only problem for me is notes being so many fields.

Im looking into those Free CRM to organize it more then eventually when my profit can afford AMS i will change over. Anyone recommend a free crm that can do file tracking for my pdf acord forms?

I agree with RBA keep your overhead as low as possible, cash is like the blood of your company.

Just ask yourself what can AMS do vs Excel cant do in your current situation. When i first started, i went in buying every thing seasoned insurance agencies had. I later found out this was eating all my profits and im working for free. I've minimized all overhead now and i'm actually in the positive lol.

Especially when your learning you will have slow periods or you will have periods where you cant handle the work and lose out on some clients.

Granted i am new too and i have no right to be lecturing, but thats my opinion.

great piece of advise....

this thread reminded me AGAIN of why its not as important to have an agency managemtn system (for me at least) starting with 0 clients as it may be having a good CRM for leads/prospects (shame they are not one in the same) As Frank posted above...

now my buddy whos pretty good with social networking and all things google apps said to start off using this freeby CRM from google apps

Insightly....I don't think it does drip marketing but has a good crm follow up/task function...anyone think an insurance geared crm like leads360 (paid) is a worthy investment as supposed to a free insightly? or keep that extra cash at the beginning.

im reading the threads about SUGARCRM right now and trying to install it on my office nas/server system.

I have a problem with uploading client info on the internet... Having it on my system and for my eyes only is the only way i feel secure lol.

Just SUGARCRM doesnt look as good as radius and yio because those are insurance themed crm's already.

Let you know if i can get it to work....

I guess I disagree with most of you. I think every agent should have a proper management system from day one. It puts you into the right habits and helps you remain organized. For newcomers, some systems even help train you in the business simply to the built in workflows they have. I use Aspire and although I know personal lines inside and out, my system has really helped me learn alot about how to write commercial business.

I mentioned my agency system back when I first thought about purchasing it. I've gotta say I have no regrets yet. I'm a one man, from scratch agency and this thing has helped me grow. I easily import purchased leads into the system, its the ultimate marketing machine - its got drip marketing, I can send blast emails or text msgs, get 60 day renewal notifications and a bunch of other stuff. System is super user-friendly too. I can actually see the difference its made with my retention and propecting. I used hawksoft before which was ok but didn't have the marketing stuff. Also used QQ before that, they never responded to trouble tickets on time. That I didn't like. Anyone, got experience using the cadillac systems like 360 and applied and know how it stacks up against what I've got. I'd be interested to hear

Last edited:
What do you pay a month for Aspire?
Does it do carrier downloads? What carriers? couldn't find a list on their site?

Djs: I pay $99 monthly plus $29 for the integrated fax option. I don't use downloads but they did send out an update a few weeks ago saying they will have downloads available either this month or next month, can't remember. Not sure which companies

Post your Agency's management system and review it, ease of use, speed, smooth layout, or anything else that you would like to add. Also, feel free to post past experience with other management systems: good or bad.

As this could be very beneficial for insurance agency looking into a new management system or thinking about switching, but don't know which one to choose.

Joe, check out Steve Anderson's Agency User Reviews...
Insurance Agency Software & Product Reviews

Steve is the leading authority on Agency Management Systems, he also puts together a newsletter called the TAAReport...
The Anderson Agency Report (TAAR)

Also if you check out my website linked below, you will find a directory of agency management systems.

Dan,

I am just starting out also. Your advise is to keep it simple, so are zoho or sugar really user friendly? Are they good programs to use with both P&C and life,health, and accident?

To even begin the conversation about management systems, you have to look at business lines, size of agency, whether or not you have producers, doing a significant amount of commercial, working with investments, etc. All of these, and many other parts, will make or break a system pretty quickly.

Oh yeah, through in a budget as well.

Starting out, like RBA said, keep it simple. Use something like zoho or sugar or a simple system that doesn't cost you much, if anything. Keep good records.

Then one day you'll wake up and realize you need a much better way to run your agency (especially if you do P&C) and you can start having conversations about what you would like it to do, what it needs to do, and what budget you have to get it done.

Dan

I might be refreshing an old thread but I don't see how you could start an agency of any sort without a good management system. If you plan on firing on all cylinders the day your Agency opens, then you should expect a hefty flow of prospects. To keep up with all those prospects properly and to make sure your follow-ups are exactly on point, I imagine it would be real difficult without one.

If you plan on having 50 clients in 5 months, then I think you might be aiming a little low anyway (mainly referring to PNC). I have looked at QQ Evo and I am excited to pay monthly to have such an awesome program to get me going. I worked for State Farm for 3 years and like someone said above me, the management system at State Farm was a intricate part of me being successful at following up and closing deals.

Tyler, did you changed QQ Eco to Catalyst? If so, how was the change. I am looking to open my agency and QQ Catalyst is my primary option but I want to hear from someone that have worked with the system already. I will initially be a one man army as well, then I have planned to hire two CSR's to easy the work flow a little.

Back