Agent with 20-44 License Wanting to Work for My Agency.

One more thing guys to make sure he lied to me can i check with the departement of florida if he has any appointment?

I know this thread is old but you can check appointments by doing a licensee search on the FL Dept of Financial Services website.

Hello I just got my 20-44 in Florida and YES is true, when you hold a 20-44 you cannot work by yourself (or open your own office) you need to work under a 220 agent, I just find out that.
Its terrible this rule since the 20-44 General Lines Limited license (that's how calls) is still a agent license but just limited to sell Personal Lines, (that is exactly what I sell...) and now to open my office I will need to learn commercial? I don't want to sell commercial at all. I'm a 215 agent and a 2044 agent, that's not enough?

Hello I just got my 20-44 in Florida and YES is true, when you hold a 20-44 you cannot work by yourself (or open your own office) you need to work under a 220 agent, I just find out that.
Its terrible this rule since the 20-44 General Lines Limited license (that's how calls) is still a agent license but just limited to sell Personal Lines, (that is exactly what I sell...) and now to open my office I will need to learn commercial? I don't want to sell commercial at all. I'm a 215 agent and a 2044 agent, that's not enough?

Apparently this is the case. Why work for yourself anyway, just strike an agreement with an owner, and own your own book/ or any leads that you bring in are yours,.etc.

Wouldn't that work ?

thanks for the replies he said he can't be appointed with any companies and that he must work under an agency and to not lose the customers he had with the old agency he needs to be registered with a new agency so he can use my companies to transfer his clients.

Hello!
Resent graduated with BA degree with major on Business Administrative & Management. not knowing that I'm going to have the same problem finding a job. I was wondering if I can get a job with insurance companies as an administrative or as a sales agent? (I'm not licensed) but I'm welling to get the license, can you please recommend a company to me?

Thank you

Hello!
Resent graduated with BA degree with major on Business Administrative & Management. not knowing that I'm going to have the same problem finding a job. I was wondering if I can get a job with insurance companies as an administrative or as a sales agent? (I'm not licensed) but I'm welling to get the license, can you please recommend a company to me?

Thank you

Just graduated from college did you? How did you do in English? :twitchy:

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with that job search.:)

What Can I Do With a 20-44 Property & Casualty Personal Lines Agent License?
The Florida 20-44 Property and Casualty Personal Lines Agent License allows an individual to transact property and casualty insurance sold to individuals and families for non-commercial purposes.

The Florida 20-44 Property and Casualty Personal Lines Agent License allows an individual to open their own independent personal lines-only insurance agency.

Back