Agents Looking For Lead Sources...Read This!!!

So someone 60+ years old on FB clicks a banner ad? Interesting.

Has Lee been refining his lead qualifying? When I was ordering Lee's leads I found that many of them had a fake phone number. Sometimes they had a fake address or email. With internet leads, there's just no way to prevent that from happening I guess. I'm sure Lee will offer a credit. Do these people click a box stating that they agree to have an agent call them on the phone?

Generally for me, Most of them are in their 50's, a few 60-80, some put fake info (Lee always credits in that case), have no interest what so ever, "was just clicking on the link, I'm dead broke", etc

I email them that someone from my office will be contacting them then I door knock them because they are VERY difficult to set appointments. Just like dm some will never answer phone or door. The web content states that an agent will be contacting them but just like dm, very few actually read the content, probably think they will just receive an instant quote.

However they are generally lay downs when able to get to actually sit with them. Sometimes I've taken basic info over phone, told them what they may qualify for but let them know we have to take app in person and get signatures

I'm no Spurcity but I drop in the city too.

Me too. But what passes for inner city around here is what many would consider the country.

Still, the projects in the middle of the "bad" area have always been good to me.

I did work the big city about a month ago. Rearden gave me a handful of leads in downtown Louisville. He had tried to get other agents to take them. And I tried to get agents to take them off his hands. I finally told Dave that, if I couldn't get someone to work them for him I would just go myself. I had a really good day in Louisville.

It's still personal preference. Anywhere you think is a bad area there's most likely someone making bank in that area.

I work projects in Harlem NYC, lots of flakes, however the sales I make keep on the books, especially with transamerica ss date, I'm the first one going into their bank every month.

In this business there's many ways to do it.No one way is right or wrong. Net leads have been awesome for me but with other people they don't work. On the other side Avatar leads have never worked well for me but for others they've done well.Some people have had success is the city(social security billing with co's like Trans is huge here) and others haven't.The only 1 rule that is constant in this profession is you must have leads,leads,leads each and every week or you're dead. The first yr for most agents is difficult because you're like a train going uphill. If the train stops(Your leads and sales sputter) then the train will reverse and roll back downhill(lack of sales,living expenses and chargebacks)

Me too. But what passes for inner city around here is what many would consider the country. Still, the projects in the middle of the "bad" area have always been good to me. I did work the big city about a month ago. Rearden gave me a handful of leads in downtown Louisville. He had tried to get other agents to take them. And I tried to get agents to take them off his hands. I finally told Dave that, if I couldn't get someone to work them for him I would just go myself. I had a really good day in Louisville. It's still personal preference. Anywhere you think is a bad area there's most likely someone making bank in that area.

While I push my agents to at least start in rural/small town areas, I have softened up on working the hood, after seeing several agents of mine get great results without bad persistency.

As John has always said, it comes down to what you believe works best for you. And additionally, so does good quality, sticky business, no matter where you generate it from.

I have tried working in the inner city and the deep back country and everything in between. There are parts of the inner city that I prefer not to work mostly because of safety issues, but some of my best business came from those areas. I sold a single premium recently down that area. There have been times when I worked those areas and it seemed like everyone who sent a lead card was totally broke and sick. There were other times when I sold fairly large premium...consistently. I think sometimes agents have a small sample of really bad experiences in an area that weigh heavily on their minds, so they draw the conclusion that the entire area/lead sorce is bad. I'm guilty of that. I'm learning new things in this biz all the time even after two years full time. The longer I do this, the more I become convinced that if I really believe I can, then I'll find a way to make it happen...and visa versa. You'll never know if inner city will work for you unless you try it yourself. But I'd caution you to keep an open mind and get rid of any false beliefs before you do it.

I have tried working in the inner city and the deep back country and everything in between. There are parts of the inner city that I prefer not to work mostly because of safety issues, but some of my best business came from those areas. I sold a single premium recently down that area. There have been times when I worked those areas and it seemed like everyone who sent a lead card was totally broke and sick. There were other times when I sold fairly large premium...consistently. I think sometimes agents have a small sample of really bad experiences in an area that weigh heavily on their minds, so they draw the conclusion that the entire area/lead sorce is bad. I'm guilty of that. I'm learning new things in this biz all the time even after two years full time. The longer I do this, the more I become convinced that if I really believe I can, then I'll find a way to make it happen...and visa versa. You'll never know if inner city will work for you unless you try it yourself. But I'd caution you to keep an open mind and get rid of any false beliefs before you do it.
sounds like the only chance one would have is to get it on a ssi draft or it will all be gone?

Back