AHIP 2010 Medicare Certification

How long does the AHIP test and/or training modules typically take?

Can you stop and start it the modules and/or test?

Thanks!

Testing usually occurs before carriers are allowed to disclose plan specifics for the upcoming year. If you wait until plans info is available then one is put into an awkward squeeze on the timing to get all testing completed before you start selling.

Testing usually occurs before carriers are allowed to disclose plan specifics for the upcoming year. If you wait until plans info is available then one is put into an awkward squeeze on the timing to get all testing completed before you start selling.

Are you saying its too late to do the testing and be able to sell right now for upcoming AEP with ALL carriers?

Thanks!

NO absolutely not. In the sequence of events certification/testing becomes before learning about carrier products because the former is often available sooner.

Some carriers will put a Nov 15th cutoff date on certification/training if you want to sell their MA/PDP plans. I'm concerned about that for Humana.

My contract paperwork has been in their hands for 3 weeks and last I knew they have a Nov 15th cutoff for their general product training. In this case I already know the details of their plans but I still can not sell them until I pass their carrier specific training. .

hope the helps.

That does help,

Thanks!

Realistically, in No Cal, you need one company, Anthem Blue Cross. HMO plans generally have monthly premiums of $70-100 and the PPO from Blue Cross is zero. Hard to beat especially when they can go in and out of network easily.

You can go to Anthem's website and certify this weekend.

Rick

Thats exactly what I planned on doing. Hopefully I'll be done before the Giants win the world series!

Thanks again!

Back