AHIP - Nightmare

Haven't done their cert course yet but good to know the worst paper app has not been improved for 2015. It must be their way of driving agents toward MAPA.

Mapa hasn't worked for me in 2 months. I can get past the first section but on page 2 where it says plan selection, it's blank. I figured Id try again this past week and it's still the same.

Agents who plan to certify with UHC, make sure to take AHIP first, before beginning UHC certifications. If you begin the UHC certs first, then you cannot use AHIP to satisfy the core requirements. Once you complete AHIP, make sure the credits are applied to UHC's requirements. Once they are, that is the time to certify.

Just wanted to give you a heads up about AHIP, I signed on to do AHIP today, when you sign on it states average time for AHIP is 60 minutes. I was apprehensive about doing AHIP and the time involved I thought, 60 minutes, that's not too bad. I was on Module 1 when a colleague called. I told him I was doing AHIP and the good news is it should only take 60 minutes. He laughed and laughed. He said if you can do AHIP in 60 minutes you're a better person than me. DO NOT BELIEVE AHIP, IT TAKES ABOUT 5 HOURS to complete. I think they list 60 minutes to complete is because most agents might say "Hell No" to 5 hours and you have to pay for this privilege of taking AHIP.

Just know that you are going to spend half of your day taking this. Do not believe the 60 minute thing they are telling you.

At the end it is only a 50 question test.

As you all know you have to take the certifications with each insurance company on top of that for MAPD or PDP plans.

Just wanted to give you fair warning about AHIP

2021 even more fun!

"Its December 6th and a Medicare beneficiary calls you and wants to enroll in a plan. You meet on December 7th but due to Internet outages you are unable to get the enrollment done. What should you do?"

* Fly to Asia, cross the international date line and try again
* Refer to CMS 103.2.09 and apply for special dispensation
* Go to the Vatican and ask for forgiveness
* All of the above
* None of the above

"Its December 6th and a Medicare beneficiary calls you and wants to enroll in a plan. You meet on December 7th but due to Internet outages you are unable to get the enrollment done. What should you do?"

* Fly to Asia, cross the international date line and try again
* Refer to CMS 103.2.09 and apply for special dispensation
* Go to the Vatican and ask for forgiveness
* All of the above
* None of the above
There are currently 15,287 Disaster SEP's. Surely the decision maker for the Medicare Beneficiary lives in one of the affected areas

Back