Allstate

If my memory allows, I believe they are in bed with: Insureme, HTQ, Netquote, Insuranceleads, Agentinsider plus Boulder used to be on their list.

Last edited:
100% of your customers DO NOT come running to you begging for insurance.

So some options are:

Internet leads-Sold to multiple agents
Telemarketing leads-usually exclusive
Mailers-Last I used this method the response was less than 1% if I recall correctly
Referals-cost you a $20.00 gift card-best close ratio

Direct writers want producers, you can't reach everyone out there by just using one lead source, you can't put all of your eggs in one basket. This is why leads are co'oped from management or corporate.

No lead provider will make everyone happy, I hated internet leads, but some of my buddies were closing 30-40% of them. I called them "crap" when others thought they were the next best thing. I excelled in telemarketing lead closings and referals, and my buddies called them "crap" Crap to you is not crap to me and vice versa. :)

Everyone has a comfort zone that you need to figure out how to work them. If you can find a way to close the internet leads that signed up to win a blu-ray player, that is great. If you can find a way to close the telemarketed leads, that is great too!

I know this one guy who couldn't write auto to save his life, not sure how he kept his job. Oh wait- he didn't! LOL. Anyway, he ordered leads and then demanded to return the ones he couldn't write (all of them) as "no longer interested" when that was not part of their credit policy. To make his point clear he threatened them with "I got one of your competitors banned from business on a nationwide level for this, so don't F*$K with me". I just looked at this moron thinking "you think your hiney is so awesome and important that someone would believe that" Leads are never going away, they are needed, a coporate giant is not going to say "this pee-on can't work or close leads so we need to stop the hundreds of successful agents that are using them because of him" ROFLMFAO! It was funny.

Anywho, to get EA approved, you need X amount of agents, who have been agents for over X amount of years, and have used the lead company X amount of months with reasonable success to request the approval. They do not just draw them out of a hat.

i just got off the phone with them, and they really gave no answer to why they refer netquote, insuranceleads, allwebleads, hometown quotes. I have ads in the paper on Sundays, Wednesday, and Thursdays. There is a company called QuoteEmporium that guarantees that i contact the consumer within 3 days. Have you ever heard of them?

I have not heard of them, nor most of the ones you listed there. What is your experience with Netquote? I ask because my agency just started with them. Should I be leary of them?:skeptical:

I am back under a new name! I don't have access to the other one anymore. Hoping to be able to continue some of these conversations. :)

Back